All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

July 2015 GOTM Winner: hansolo77 - 2,302,500 :link:

The Punisher
The Punisher Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 Luigimaker 2,954,100 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
2 Yung-Jedi 2,828,500 Yung-Jedi's Hi-Score Entry
3 hansolo77 2,302,500 hansolo77's Hi-Score Entry
4 ExedExes 1,952,600 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
5 wolfman24 1,000,600 wolfman24's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 01-13-2019

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for The Punisher:

ROMSet: Punisher
Freeze: Off

Internal Settings
-----------------
Continue: Off
Monitor Flip: Off
Demo Sounds: Off
Sound: Q Sound
Game Difficulty: 3 [Normal]
Number of Players: 2
Extend: 1800000
Player Select: ON
Special Rules: This is a Single Player ONLY Variation! You may freely choose your character. Continues are NOT allowed!

Please make sure to change the "Continue" setting to "Off" [hit F2 after the intro text > select "system config" by hitting CTRL > change Continue setting and hit "1" to save settings]

The green coloured default values match the Twin Galaxies settings.

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide: :link:
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide: :link:
# general rules for submitting you hi-score: :link:

• Like 2

We introduce July's GOTM.........The Punisher !!

The Punisher is a 1993 beat 'em up arcade game developed and released by Capcom. It stars the Marvel Comics' anti-hero the Punisher and co-stars S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Nick Fury as the second player's character as they embark on a mission to kill the crime lord the Kingpin and bring down his organization.

The Punisher gained significant popularity in arcades and is widely regarded as one of the best titles in the beat 'em up genre as well as one of the best video game adaptations of comic books.

Good luck and have fun :)

~ HS Team

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tried once more. Got better results by playing as Nick Fury, and calming down a bit around the boss fights.

ExedExes - 1,952,600

I realize that this will not be enough to take the title this month, but it's always nice to have someone new take a game like this, rather than us old hands. Congrats modman.

post-25936-0-37704800-1438400112_thumb.p

This is a tough, unforgiving game.

I had a helluva run, made it to stage 5, then got smoked.

Good to be back on here boys, I miss ya.

Yung-Jedi 2,828,500

post-26673-0-47998000-1438407134_thumb.j

• Like 1

Buh, buh, BUT... I WAS GOING TO WIN THIS MONTH!!! WAAAAAAHH,

Can we get a ruling on that? Lol. My screen says his score was submitted at 1:32am yesterday, which would be 8/1/2015. Clearly an hour and a half to late right? Right?

LOL!

Anyway, I'll take the score nonetheless. But we'll wait for GC to make the official announcement.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

PS: Thanks for your score too ExedExes. I didn't forget you. :)

• Like 1

Ha ha, good stuff! I was looking at a clock in my basemt that said 11:32pm

so I thought I was good, but then I realized I forgot to set it ahead.

My score went in at 12:32am central time, I'm in Minnesota.

I think I still made it in time, as we normally always go off the latest time zone, west coast or even Hawaii if I recall in the past, when we've had the countdown ticker. With ticker I think I'm still good, sorry to cut it so close Han!

Now to try and find some time to help with Olympic Games!

Yeah yeah, likely story <_< LOL you can have it as far as I'm concerned. I'm not competitive or good enough to to be a threat to you guys anyway. It's all fun. :) I'm wondering where GC is though. He never said he was going on vaycay or nothing. Probably just a bit too busy.

-> @ Dazzle... should we go ahead and announce the winner and next GOTM so we can get some competition going? Or do you think we should wait and let GC take care of that since it's sorta his thing?

I'm cool with whatever Dennis & you guys decide, no worries.

anyone know why this game did not have the ticker countdown thing like other GOTM?

Just wondering...

I wish I had more time to devote to all those olympic games.

Too many games, too little time, I'm busy like the Cynicaster dude.

• Like 1

GC was the one who actually came to me asking if I would like to partner with him to make an OFFICIAL high score forum. We tossed around ideas years before he even joined the forum, but nothing was ever set into stone and the idea just kind of faded away. With Adultery coming on board to help with the backend, writing the awesome program we use to catalog the scores, we really got going on a lot of adrenaline. But I still feel the whole "project" belongs to GC as the president. Even though I was wanting to do something like this for a long time, HE was the one who really pushed and got the bulk of the system working. So in that respect, I really feel that any kind of decision making should fall on the authority of the Founder.

I do appreciate your kindness to offer me the trophy, but it is true. We provide the cut off time to that of Hawaii, the farthest west timezone. Of course, you could argue anything EAST of the International Prime Meridian IS technically going to be even later than Hawaii (like China, then India, then Germany, etc). We chose Hawaii because it was at the time the farthest west of our userbase (we didn't have anybody east of Greenwhich till you hit the USA). If that changes, we may change to Greenwich Mean Time, or +/-0 on the clocks.

So officially, Yung-Jedi did ninja sneak in and snipe the score. Unofficially, I would get it simply because I made a joking raise hell about it. :P

As for the countdown timer, when GC added the game, he probably just forgot to do that this time. Typically what we do is edit a pre-existing game's OP and copy/paste to a new thread, making the appropriate changes. He probably just did that to a game that didn't have the timer. We'll be sure to add a timer to the next GOTM. :) It doesn't really matter, since that time is usually like 5-6 hours after we all go to bed anyway, so there's no real way to check unless we're awake when that last score is submitted.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...