All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Yo Dawg I Heard You Like N64 Emulators

nullPointer

Well this is straight out of left field! In a bizarro and yet fully awesome twist, Dolphin is now capable of running N64 emulation through its implementation of the virtual console. Not only that it seems to have trumped some old stalwarts in the N64 emulation scene by running Pokemon Snap seemingly without issue (Pokemon Snap being somewhat notoriously difficult to emulate). These are heady times my friends!

• Like 1

So is it command line friendly? Or do you have to wad your games? I'm sure they need to be in a wad because I'm pretty sure the 'emulation' code is part of the APK. Would be cool if that were not the case though!

Sweet thread title btw! :-)

If it requires a wad then no, you can inject wads. But they don't always work, which is why I asked. :)

• 3 weeks later...

It requires a WAD. Dolphin can't run N64 games; it can run Virtual Console games, some of which happen to be N64 games.

You can inject some N64 Roms like Adultery said, but it doesn't always work. Zelda Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros are 2 I can think of that I know work. So you are somewhat limited.

I wish I could play Star Wars Rouge Squadron. I remember unlocking a Black Limo to fly around in.. Ahh the good ol days.

Project 64 is getting a lot of attention recently too with its 2 most popular plugins azimeirs audio and glide64 also seeing updates.