All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Problem with resolution and cheats in MAME

Evilforces

Hi all!!!

Today discovered when I want to play a MAME game if I activate the MAME menu inside a game the resolution of that menu is very low. The other thing is I can't see the cheat menu inside this menu.

If i try this with the MameUIFX64 frontend all is OK both resolution and cheat menu option.

Attached 2 screenshots to be more clear.

GameEx.ini

post-365-0-38712000-1434897679_thumb.jpg

log.txt

post-365-0-29023200-1434897691_thumb.jpg

For that game anyway since its in the hi score list the hi score snapper disabled cheat mode by force to keep submissions fair. ;)

• Like 1

Yes. You have the Hi-Score Snapper enabled. It disable cheats for games that are part of the competition. Bubble Bobble is part of the competition.

Plugins don't enable themselves, you must have turned it on? ;)

Ok Adultery, I understand now!!

I have this plugin activated, but I did not know what it was until now.

only need this in order to participate in the hi-scores competition?

only need this in order to participate in the hi-scores competition?

Yes :)

It's also why your in-game menu is at low resolution coz the Hi-Score Snapper switches MAME into DirectDraw mode (by default MAME runs in DirectX mode) ;)

This is awesome!!! I want to participate in some games. The problem is when I take the snapshot i hear the sound but it isn't in the snapshot folder... I need to do something special?

You can specify which directory the snaps are stored if you go to configure the plugin. Also, enter your forum name and the initials for in game leaderboards IE: EVL or whatever you use and the snapper will overlay the snap automatically with that and other info :)

• Like 1

The "uh oh" sounds means something is not right :P You'll here a "click" when everything is ok :)

Seeing as you mentioned using MameUIFX you probably don't have DirectInput enabled MAME (you'd usually need to compile it yourself) so try unchecking "Enable MAME Snap Mode".

I see you've posted in the plugin thread too, so we should continue in that thread to avoid any confusion. See you over there!

• Like 2