All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Why are deleted games showing up on my list again

aldub516

This is pertaining to my pedestal build for my friend. I don't have the log or ini right now. I gave it to him quite a while ago and he reported that for some reason games are showing up again on his list after deleting them. This was never a problem. Is there a max amount of lines that can fit in the "exclude Roms section or is there anything off the top of your head you can think of as to why the games are showing up

Gonna need that ini and some examples that are on the list and still show up.

here is his ini and log.. I read up on that patch above, but my question is, i havent updated gameex or anything in a long time. I gave my friend the pedestal and shut off any updates and all that. So the delete problem just started. Unless my friend managed to update his gameex and me not know? Any way, here is my ini and log.. any advice on why i can no longer delete games off of my gameex mame list

GameEx.ini

log.txt

• 3 weeks later...

just incase someone happens to come across this with the same problem. it was an easy solution i was just stupid. I have a button on my arcade to shut down the pc.. I didnt realize whenever i would delete games, then shut down via the button, gameex didnt have time to write the new file for the exluded games... So in the future if youre dumb like me, when deleting or altering lists or anything in gameex, use the gameex exit functions.. :)

• Like 1

Not stupid at all, and thanks for sharing your solution! It makes sense when you explain it, but sometimes that sort of thing doesn't sink in immediately, especially when you're just following what seems like a normal routine. Glad to hear you got it sorted out!

• Like 2

Thanks man. Yea, once I gave the pedestal to my friend and stopped working on it, I had no reason To shut down other than the button. It's definitely one of those things u can spend ages on figuring out and it goes right over your head