All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Emulation + System Builds To-Do...the next generation..

stigzler

Kinda seeing things slow down a bit recently in the emu/system builders scene. Recon everyone is eagerly awaiting GEEvo to kick-start creativity again.....

So ,whilst twiddling these thumbs, got thinking about this. I wonder where retro/emu gaming and system building is going? Few things for me:

1. OLED cab buttons - keep checking this one out, but sadly the hardware doesn't appear to be there yet. Idea being OLED films placed inside an arcade button to display image/text of the game function....
  2. Xbox emulation.... I know there's some being developed and know it's very complicated, but maaaann, it's taking forever! :)
  3. PS3/X360.... and when i can afford the PC to run them....
  4. DIY Starwars Yoke kits :) :)
  5. True emu netplay (my fave dream being the wipeouts via netplay
  6. Texture pack creators for PSX titles - can be done in N64, but looks virtually impossible in PSX. Love the idea of 'renovating' games. Maybe audio renovation to?
  7. Oh... and pneumatic arcade system builds - Space Harrier!!??

and for FrontEnds (not a veiled feature request, I promise!)

1. Voice activation Jarvis Style (tried out MageVoiceCommand, and whilst it's got vision, it's still a bit sticky).
  2. 3D - wander around a virtual arcade - Occulus, rift type support - lol
  3. Live streaming of others' games?

So - who's taking number 7?

:P