All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx crashes when updating list

methodman

The set up wizard is what's behaving strange. That above paragraph illustrates my experience with it. I get past the 1st two advanced pages then it returns me to the select the wizard again screen. I have re-duplicated the same experience with multiple trials of install and uninstall. So should I change compatibility?

I running GameEx on 64 bit 8.1, I do not use any compatibility mode.

Gaming Evolved by Raptr has been proven to crash GameEx, and PinballX for that matter. If you use this part of the Catalyst driver suite, we recommend you disable it while running GameEx.

The behaviour your describing is not normal. My guess is compitabilty mode is causing this, or something elsewhere in the OS has become corrupt. Perhaps a botched .net installation.

When I attempt to run Gameex now I am getting an unknown system dialogue box followed by a match the appropriate game followed by a listing of one game but Gameex won't even open now. It traps my mouse so I am unable to continue further so I have to caltdel to shut that part down.

Is there any reason why there are three separate threads which are for the exact same thing, all written by you?

I would merge them but I'm on tapatalk today. Just curious why one might do that, especially since two of them have the same answer by different people... It's quite confusing.

It seems like when I go into the configuration section that the first two screens go OK than I get sent back to the gameex config page and I have to re-enter the config section again and it never works right. I have encountered this before but can't remember how I fixed it. I tried installing Game ex in compatibility mode I'm using 8.1 8 but should I reinstall it in Win7 compatibility. I really like this program but the setups aren't smooth and I don't know why. I also turned AMD evolution off or does that not matter any more?

As a workaround open your GameEx.ini: \GameEx\CONFIG\GameEx.ini

Find this line:

VerifyRoms=True

Change it to:

VerifyRoms=False

Click File> Save OR press CTRL+S on keyboard.

Boot GameEx, go to MAME, press Update List.

• Like 1

Here is my Gameex.ini . I also deleted it but it seemed as if much of the functionality of Gameex disappeared. I thought it would automatically rebuild it but that isn't what seems to happen. iT'S STRANGE Game ex configuration screen does the first two fine then it kicks me back to the configuration screen and I start all over but I can continue but Mame never finds my roms and the emulators are not being built either I find this behavior strange.

GameEx.ini

Adultry I start at something and work on getting things running for a time. But now I have very few things left to make work right on my arcade so I will get Gameex to work. I had issues with my old computer and got rid of that one but I am bound and determined to get Gameex to work. There has to be an explanation. Thanks for the help also. It still performs weird.

I turned the touch screen off. Black is ON White is Off correct? Also I managed to get it to post an error so I am sending my updated logs. I managed to get it to behave worse it only now finds 98 games. So I hope this helps. Thanks for the advice Is there a particular theme or that works best. Because things change so much it is probably hard for the developers to keep up with the changes.

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Please try the updated executable that Tom provided today, and see if that helps with this issue. Tom was able to identify an issue with updating the MAME list for legacy versions of MAME, and this updated executable addresses that issue. If that still doesn't work, please provide the updated documentation. Thanks dude, and we'll definitely do our best to get you sorted out.

Uninstalled Gameex, ran new exe and it gives me an error so I tried troubleshoot compatibility win7 test again it failed that test.

Is coding for you guys really this complicated per machine. When I uninstall I think it leaves some of a previous installtion on so I changed that to Gameex_w so it wouldn't find that and it is still giving me an error. Are these not full installations maybe I wasn't supposed to do a blank install I will change it back to Gamebase and reinstall.

I did that and continue to get a Gameex has stopped working error. Are databases really that complicated to setup. I don't own MS office that doesn't matter does it. Should I have a database program installed on my computer. Open office or Libre office?

Uninstalled Gameex, ran new exe and it gives me an error so I tried troubleshoot compatibility win7 test again it failed that test.

Is coding for you guys really this complicated per machine.

I'm afraid that It is when you are literally the only person experiencing this issue at the moment. Sorry man. Belittling those that are trying to help you really doesn't make it go any faster or better. Those are the breaks as they say. :) It would also be best to contain the issue to this thread so we don't loose the progress of your troubleshooting. Did you do as Tom suggested here? This part of your settings would seem to indicate not:

EnableTouchScreen=True

It will probably be worthwhile to change that setting to false, even if you need to manually adjust your GameEx.ini to do so

I installed Gameex 6/17 14.11 and I got an error log. So I will post that but do I need to turn AMD Raptor off even when I install? This is wierd. I can't even get Gameex to install which is unusual? Here is the log. But at least the complete list of files is there. Should I rename the gameex to something else and see if I can do a clean install that way

log.txt

GameEx.ini

I installed Gameex 6/17 14.11 and I got an error log. So I will post that but do I need to turn AMD Raptor off even when I install?

Yes. Try it without Raptor on.

10:25:57.5 6/17/2015: Tablet PC detected

I missed this before.

What type of computer is this? A link to it perhaps...

10:25:57.5  6/17/2015:  Windows 8.1 64-bit10:25:57.5  6/17/2015:  AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor, 16366MB10:25:57.5  6/17/2015:  3.52Ghz - 8 Cores or CPU's

Yeah it's not a tab that's for sure ^_^. May be the touchscreen thing again?

Or may be some cores need to be disabled (on a software level) on these more powerful machines? Just throwing stuff out there :P