All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] I need a little assistance .map

sl33kreno

First of all, thank you in advance for reading this.

So to start, I switched from Hyperspin to Game Ex. Money well spent. Now, With HS you can use Hypertools to make new XML lists from your roms. Now as I understand it, Game EX uses .map files to list the games for each of your emulators if the setting is enabled. Now my problem is, I have the .map enabled for my emulator, it lists the proper names for the roms now, however it is now also listing names of roms that I don't have. I have tried using Map Magician and Mapfile maker but they both seem to rely on the .map that lists the games that I don't have.

I have tried searching the forums, but I don't know exactly what I am looking for.

Is there an app to scan my rom folder and generate a new .map by comparing the old .map to automatically remove the games that I don't have? I know that I can manually edit the .map but the amount of games I have would make that stupidly time consuming. and for good measure I might as well say .map again. .map

Thanks in Advance.

Well for Map File Maker, you point the app at your rom directory, select your naming convention and generate the map file that way as opposed to importing one that's already been made.

• Like 2