All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Game Info Plugin crashing

uberpubert69

Looks like you have the wrong monitor number set for the game display. ;)

Check all monitor numbers and see that they're set to the right monitor. :)

Looks like you have the wrong monitor number set for the game display. ;)

Check all monitor numbers and see that they're set to the right monitor. :)

I checked my display number via my AMD Catalyst Control Center and its #1. I then loaded up the Game Info Plugin and noticed that it said 1 for Game, Attract, and Jukebox. I click on the drop box but 1 is the only option. It seems to me that isn't causing the problem. Unless you mean something within the GameEx configuration itself?

EDIT: Would it also help to let you know I can't open the menu in game with shit+tab like it says in the download section? I completely mistook the Gameinfo plugin with the features within GameEx with the descriptions and stuff it has.... whoops lol :wacko:

Oh wait a sec... You only have one monitor? Do you also run GameEx in full screen?

Well this plugin is designed for dual monitors, but it works in a single monitor and only when GX is run in windowed mode.

I'm willing to bet there's something in your settings that needs to be fixed. If you post your settings.xml I can fix it.

• Like 1

Well this plugin is designed for dual monitors, but it works in a single monitor and only when GX is run in windowed mode.

I'm willing to bet there's something in your settings that needs to be fixed. If you post your settings.xml I can fix it.

Damn I feel dumb lol. Settings.xml

Here's your issue. Open the settings file in notepad and under the theme node, change the values of the def_ nodes from 1 to 0.

Like def_gamescr etc.

Windows adds one to the screen count, so screen 0 is actually screen 1, and your settings are looking for screen 2 even though you don't have one and it's crashing. I do the conversion in the gui, but don't fix them if that index doesn't exist when it runs. I'll fix that for the next release and do a screen count and change that value if the index doesn't exist automatically.

I tried to post the changes but it seems the forum strips out the XML. I can post the new file for you after work if you'd rather. ;)

• Like 2

Here's your issue. Open the settings file in notepad and under the theme node, change the values of the def_ nodes from 1 to 0.

Like def_gamescr etc.

Windows adds one to the screen count, so screen 0 is actually screen 1, and your settings are looking for screen 2 even though you don't have one and it's crashing. I do the conversion in the gui, but don't fix them if that index doesn't exist when it runs. I'll fix that for the next release and do a screen count and change that value if the index doesn't exist automatically.

I tried to post the changes but it seems the forum strips out the XML. I can post the new file for you after work if you'd rather. ;)

I made the changes. Seems to be working now :D

log.txt

• Like 1