All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Issue with videos not showing with merged option

uberpubert69

I have a number of games in each of my game lists it seems that won't play in their respective menus but will play when I click on the game in the menu with its description and snaps. Mainly though its my PS2 videos and all of my videos are .mp4s for everything none of my ps2 video snaps play unless I click on them like I'm about to play them.

log.txt

GameEx.ini

Are they 7-zipped? If so, is the master archive named differently than the video?

I have something that might help, it could just be the view is wrong. What happens if you hit change view a few times?

Yes I have merged sets on but thats because I have games with muli isos that I don't want 2 of the same name on the list. I'll try the change view thing.

EDIT: I'm on a custom menu and I can't see a change view option. Don't think I can.

Well the way I see it you got 2 options.

1. Name some videos to match the merged name. This might or might not work.

2. Zip your similar games, turn on the games in zips option, and rename the matching videos. This will absolutely work.

Either way, this appears to be a bug. I'll edit the topic title to grab Tom's attention. :)

We probably need to look at the games in the merge and display the first matched artwork.

• Like 2

Well the way I see it you got 2 options.

1. Name some videos to match the merged name. This might or might not work.

2. Zip your similar games, turn on the games in zips option, and rename the matching videos. This will absolutely work.

Either way, this appears to be a bug. I'll edit the topic title to grab Tom's attention. :)

We probably need to look at the games in the merge and display the first matched artwork.

Thank you for the suggestions Adultery, I'll wait and see if Tom can recognize what it is.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, I know what you were saying. All my videos are named their proper names. All of my videos wont play, not just the multi disc ones if I have merge sets on. If Merge sets is off, all the videos play fine, but I have my multi disc games duplicated in the menu. I had tried every suggestion in this topic with no fix other than turning off my merged sets. and I'm not about to zip multiple big sized ISOs to have to avoid using merged sets. It would take too long for my games to load.

Sorry I wasn't that clear in post #11 :unsure:

Seems to be a problem with any system with multi disc images. Apparently I've been able to get around it by making separate system entries for just my multi disc games.

eg. I have a Sega Saturn emu setup and I have a Sega Saturn (Multi Disc) emu setup. Same with PS1. But I never made one for my PS2 emulator which is why my PS2 games seem to be mostly affected. Same for my GameCube games.

EDIT: It seems the naming format for videos are based on the name in the GameEx list not the actual ROM/ISOs name when Merge Sets is turned on. Only difference is my files have (USA) at the end. I discovered this because some of my GC video snaps would play while others wouldn't. Upon inspecting my files names, the ones that were playing had no (USA) at the end. I thought that anything with () was ignored by GameEx? All of my PS2 ISOs have (USA) at the end, which is why they weren't playing. Strange thing is my videos were also named with (USA) so they should have still played shouldn't they have?

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the lack of response. I will look at this.

Could you please confirm this is an issue though. I did fix a bug in recent versions which was affecting matching.

Cheers.

Tom.

It's all good man, I'll take a look later today. I've since turned merging off for all my emulators so I'll have to re-enable it and check.