All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Pressing 2+4 exits MAME within GameEx

cgherman

Hello,

After setting up my rig four years ago, I've had one bug in my machine that I just haven't been able to get rid of. The issue is that games are exiting when I don't want them to.

Through trial and error, I've found that MAME is exiting when I'm inside GameEx when keys 2+4 are pressed together.

This happens from any keyboard. This does not happen in a stand-alone MAME session, and this does not happen with any other emulators inside GameEx.

I've spent many hours switching every setting trying to work around this. Years ago I removed the functionality of ESC such that games couldn't possibly mistake this key. Something is still translating 2+4 as an escape sequence.

Question - Can I configure this, or is 2+4 hard-coded as an exit sequence?

Thanks,
Chris

GameEx.ini

This combination exits for me too, but it's never caused me a problem, and I never knew it until OP mentioned it.

I lookedI earlier today while I was playing aroound, if it's in there, I overlooked it, which is entirely probable BTW.

Thank you all for the suggestions and responses.

1) With "Escape Key Exit" set to either Yes or No, I am still getting an exit on 2+4.

2) "UI Cancel" is set to backspace.

3) The issue occurs when I have people over, and it happens more often than you'd expect. I would feel quite silly putting a sign on the machine stating, "Please avoid getting excited and accidentally pressing coin and start at the same time!"

• 3 weeks later...