All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] XPadder Plugin not working on Game-Ex menus

Chaos.Tiki

So I've run into a bit of a snag and not sure what to do about it. On my old Guitar Fighter PC, I had the Guitars control the menus and the dance pads did nothing by using custom keyboard keys and using the Xpadder plugin.

I upgraded computers, (meaning Game-Ex was also upgraded after a year of not being connected to the internet) and had it set up exactly the same (imported old config files over.). The problem I'm having now is that the Guitars won't work on the menus, even though I have the plugin set to load a blank profile for the dance pads and the default profiles for the guitars. the keyboard works, just not the guitars. If I turn on the joystick support for the gameex menus, the guitars have their own control scheme and the dance pads push buttons (that i dont want them to) and still dont seem to work with x-padder. Now in game, everything functions like it should, just wont work for the menus.

Adultery has just here recently released a new version of the Xpadder plugin.

+1 to this. As mentioned the Xpadder Plugin has recently been through some changes and major updates, so i would advise to update it manually to see if it remedies your situation. As always you can grab it HERE.

Xpadder plugin and Xpadder are not one in the same. Might just be a little confusion there. I was recommending making sure your Xpadder version is up to date, tthurman is referencing the plugin that supports its operation within GameEx.

Long time, no see Tiki! Good to see you around, even if under less than ideal circumstances. At any rate it would likely also be beneficial to post the log for the Xpadder Plugin itself (\GameEx\PLUGINS\Xpadder\xpadder.log), being as it will show when/if Xpadder profiles are being loaded. Thanks man!

Also, you can click the little Xpadder icon in the plugin next to a profile and see if it loads and if the buttons are being picked up. ;)

sorry that wasnt clear. the xpadder plugin version I have is 1.2.8 and the link was for 1.2.5.

aside from that, im not sure what version of xpadder i have. dont know how to look it up.

edit: just saw the new posts, ill get the xpadder log file in a bit, also Hi Nullpointer!

You're right, my release threads are way behind, sorry. The latest version is in the GameEx installer (1.2.8)

As null pointed out, I'll need to see your Xpadder log for the plugin. You may also need to set up your profiles again if you haven't, I made a change a while back that required everyone to set up again as to allow multiple emulators that use the same name and your old version may have been outdated for a good while if you hadn't updated since before then.

I was going to come back today after doing some digging, and report that the link in the official thread wasn't updated, then (after going through all your threads Adultery) i realised that i may have a beta ^_^ What's the protocol on this because i believe it may well solve Tiki's problem :)

After the "speed-troubleshooting" we did ;)

• Like 1

I'm down with that. I didn't realize I didn't put it out yet! That would explain why it's working fine for me. :)

I'll put it out officially later tonight. Thanks for the heads up Dazz!!

• Like 1

4/29/2015 6:50:48 PM : Xpadder Plugin (Version: 1.2.8)

4/29/2015 6:50:48 PM : GameEx 14.06 loaded successfully!

4/29/2015 6:51:24 PM : GAMEEX: Xpadder settings were enabled for PS1 Capcom!

Thats all the log said. Seeing that, it doesn't seem like its loading my profiles for the menus. I also loaded Ps1 capcom, and ps2 during that run.

4/29/2015 6:50:48 PM : Xpadder Plugin (Version: 1.2.8)
4/29/2015 6:50:48 PM : GameEx 14.06 loaded successfully!
4/29/2015 6:51:24 PM : GAMEEX: Xpadder settings were enabled for PS1 Capcom!
Thats all the log said. Seeing that, it doesn't seem like its loading my profiles for the menus. I also loaded Ps1 capcom, and ps2 during that run.

Wait a bit Tiki, it should be sorted in a few hours - read back to see what i mean ;)

The errors aren't errors, that just indicates you don't have gabe specific profiles for that game. It also appears you don't have a profile in place for the GameEx Interface. Can you please provide the settings.ini for the plugin?

Where can I find the .ini for XPadder

A miscommunication i fear. I think Adultery meant settings.xml :)

You can find it here:

...\GameEx\PLUGINS\Xpadder

EDIT - as a sidenote, have you actually configured your guitar(s) after enabling custom joystick controls? IE actually going through each control and mapping them, such as Select, Back, Up, Down etc? I know you said you copied your configs over when you upgraded your PC, but since then things may have (and probably did) change quite a bit. This may cause your old configs to not function as expected.

Wait a sec. What error steals focus? The errors in the logs aren't errors. You didn't say anything about focus loss?

Is it possible for me to try using older versions of the xpadder plugin and see if those will solve my issue?

Also, in the setup wizard, if I enable the controllers, they use their own buttons (of course i would have to set them) dont even recognize the xpadder plugin. but the real issue is that its all 3 (2 guitars and the Cthulhu board, being used as 2 dance pads) will run, even if i tell the wizard to only use the guitars. i cant have people selecting stuff on the menu with the dace pads

Okay you're not following me.

The error in the log is not an error. It is what is displayed in the log when there is no game specific profile. That is expected if you aren't setting up a profile specifically for that game and does not do any harm. I am changing the log entry wording for next release to avoid confusion. I repeat, this is NORMAL OPERATION if there is NO GAME SPECIFIC PROFILE set up.

If you have an error message taking focus from GameEx I need a snapshot of it because it is not related to the 'errors' in the log. Chances are that you either moved Xpadder.exe and that message is telling you to put it back where it was initially or something is wrong with a profile path that you may have changed and not updated in the plugin configuration.

You need to help me help you here, so I will ask yet again:

Open the plugin configuration

Navigate to the GameEx Interface or the emulator with your profile

Click the Xpadder button (the button with the Xpadder icon on it) next to EACH PROFILE, one at a time to make sure they are properly loading.

Repeat for all your integrations.

If you are using blank profiles for each, Xpadder should open and show the blank profile each time.

Then post your Xpadder plugin settings.xml in GameEx > Plugins > Xpadder

Thanks.