All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Minor issue with latest version - video jukebox

troy

I merged both threads so that we have everything under one. Let's make sure that everyone has the settings that Tom requested in this thread. Also, I am going to ask all 3 of you to report back after making the changes with copies of your support files (gameex.ini and log.txt) to see if anything different shows up in the log.txt file.

Thanks for taking the time to make the changes and provide the updated files for review.

Set Reduce CPU Utilization to No - description per Wiki:

Normally GameEx tries to reduce CPU utilization, by calculating time left after a frame then telling the CPU to sleep. If you do not experience totally smooth screen updates in GameEx and your not worried about your CPU usage you can turn this off.

Options

Yes (Default)

No

Per their log files:

Troy - Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 with RADEON X700 Series

csnells2000 - Windows 8.1 64-bit with NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE

Uberpubes - Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 64-bit with AMD Radeon HD 7660D + HD 7700 Dual Graphics

Derp indeed ^_^

I was thinking more along the lines of recording software, streaming software, video authoring, DVD creation etc. Anything that could have altered vital system files (.dll's may be) - all of which could have depending on the program.

What could someone do to easily test this?

I'm swamped right now, but if I could throw some videos on the rig and try it real quick, I'd give it a go!

I just don't use this feature, so I have no idea if I'm having a issue or not with it.

<edit> I guess what I'm asking is, what video formats? Surely I can enable the feature and point to the directory, I hope anyway :o

What could someone do to easily test this?

I'm swamped right now, but if I could throw some videos on the rig and try it real quick, I'd give it a go!

I just don't use this feature, so I have no idea if I'm having a issue or not with it.

<edit> I guess what I'm asking is, what video formats? Surely I can enable the feature and point to the directory, I hope anyway :o

Most of us can and it works, but clearly these guys have some common denominator that no one is seeing - yet :P

• Like 1

Yeah, nothing has changed - has worked fine since I got it many many many years ago (with one issue that I posted here and it was repaired in a patch)

Something definitely changed with the last update, but Im as puzzled as everyone else. :/ I really liked putting videos on shuffle ... or playing them in sequence.

It's not a vital feature for me by any means, but was nice. :) Im sure someone will find the culprit.

• Like 1

Shark codecs, BTW if that wasn't said. :)

That helps, yes!

cnells, Ubes? You have Sharks Codecs installed too?

At this point we might just have to start eliminating stuff to boil it down! Not the most practical way to go about things, but it can be effective and to be honest nothing is jumping out at me right now. :wacko:

That is of course assuming that you don't Stream, Record, Edit vids at all?

• Like 1

I have shark codecs installed. On mine, I've had a video converter, editor and splitter for as long as I've had this gameex frontend and never had any problems before. I can rewind the video at the end when it is frozen and it works but fwd does not work once the end is reached. I can push down on the joystick and the video will change. So the problem is not that the videos won't play, but the option to play all or play randomly starts the first video, but won't play consecutively like it used to.