All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Minor issue with latest version - video jukebox

troy

Have a weird issue with the latest version -

I tend to use my cab a lot for videos, where i can play all, randomly, etc. Kind of a "jukebox" if you will.

With the latest update, it gets to the end of the video and just freezes and will not automatically start the next. Just wondering if anybody else has run into it or not. Nothing else on the cab has changed.

Since it isn't a game related issue, not sure what other documentation I can give, but if you have any ideas, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

• Like 1

For months now ive always went to the video section and let my shows and movies play continuously all day long. but after the recent update, after it i start play randomly like usual, after the very first video, it freezes at the very end of the video and stays there. fast fwd or rewind do not work. infact, the only button that works is back. that takes me back to the video selection menu. it does it everytime!! i have'nt changed any settings at all. please help someone.

I am sure Tom or someone will be able to take a look at this shortly. I moved this thread from the PinballX General forum so that it would get the visibility it deserves.

• Like 1

Likely it is the same issue but waiting on Troy to provide the oft requested files to compare. Sure would be great if everyone would do so without having to almost always be asked. There are a few that you can count on to do so without asking. Sigh...

• Like 1

Sounds good, Ill check that out.. wasnt sure if it contained anything for just video playback or not. :) It's really strange, it just hangs on the last frame of video. Never did that before.

Will post the files here soon.

• Like 1

My apologies, I have been working on the cab so wasn't able to get to the files.

Will post tonight. I didn't post the files originally because I was hoping it was an added option for "pause between videos" that was added that just needed to be unchecked. ;) I really do appreciate all the help you guys give.

At work currently but will post tonight. Thank you!

Likely it is the same issue but waiting on Troy to provide the oft requested files to compare. Sure would be great if everyone would do so without having to almost always be asked. There are a few that you can count on to do so without asking. Sigh...

I wonder if our resident plugin maker could maybe make some kind of automated batch program that allows a user to report a bug automatically. Have it grab the log and ini files, and post them in a special BUG forum (so as to not crowd out the basic self-help area of the forum) and possibly have user input to create the title/body to describe the problem and what they were doing that caused it. Might make things smoother. Just a thought.

• Like 1

Again my apologies.

The symptoms are the same. Once it reaches the end frame, it freezes, and then it takes a good many "back buttons" to get to the previous screen.

Hope this helps, and thanks.

(Yes, I know it is windows XP, but I tried updating and my card wouldn't go to down to 288 resolution for my TV/arcade monitor, so I am forced to keep XP for a while)

log.txt

GameEx.ini

• Like 1

I think what is telling is this exerpt:

18:22:14.7  4/28/2015:  Playing Video: f:\video\Music Videos\xtc_the_disappointed.mp418:22:14.7  4/28/2015:  Open Video: f:\video\Music Videos\xtc_the_disappointed.mp418:22:16.0  4/28/2015:  Video Frame Rate is: 29.9565330705147