All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] EmVoy - System Multi-emu launcher

stigzler

Something that may help folks with their emu setups, especially where they involve more than one emulator per system; larger zipped gamefiles and difficulties with per-game settings. Vid here of some of the features:

logo_small.png

EmVoy is an intermediary launcher designed to sit between your Front End and your emulators. It is designed to work across different systems with different emulators and to tackle different game launch problems.

Features:

• Quicklaunch Folders:

If you have large sets of zipped gamefiles, many front ends unzip this as a temp file, meaning you have to wait each time you launch a game. EmVoy creates a Quicklaunch folder for each game file, which is the unzipped and processed gamefile. It then can automatically keep or delete the game's quicklaunch folder or you can set EmVoy to prompt the user asking to keep or delete. The next time EmVoy runs with this gamefile, if a quicklaunch folder is detected, this is used to boot the game.
  • Support for different ZIP formats:

Alongside zip formats, EmVoy also processes ECM and APE files, rendering the final quicklaunch version of the game useable by emulators.
  • Profiles which dictate which emulator to use for which gamefile:

EmVoy stores individual settings in Game Profiles. This means that you can set which emulator to use for which gamefile. This is useful where you run one game on one emulator and other on others. For example, you may use ePSXe for the majority of your Playstation titles, but you need to use PcSX-R for lightgun games. You can specify which game profile runs for which game file.
  • Run specific support apps alongside specific games or emulators:

For example, you may need to run a lightgun driver alongside specific Playstation titles. EmVoy boots any support apps before game launch and then kills them on emulator exit.
  • Emulator setup mode:

Each emulator has two command line settings. One for the full boot and another for emulator/game setup. This allows you to have an ease-of-use boot for setup, and a 'final' setup for booting from your front end.
  • Automatically saves emulator settings on a per-game basis:

Often, via front ends, the emulator's settings are tied to the emulator. Thus, if you launch games which require different setups to other games (e.g. different control schemes, graphics or audio settings) you have to manually change these before playing the game. EmVoy saves all settings for each game and automatically loads/saves these on emulator startup/exit. Also saves memory cards.
  • Different Boot Profiles:

This allows you to have EmVoy operate in different ways. For example, one setup might be purely for setting up games; altering settings; changing support apps etc. The other setup may skip any menus or prompts and enable you to boot straight into the game.
  • Full command line control

Allowing you to control which emulator boots which gamefile, which Boot profile to run on EmVoy startup and also provide tidy gamenames for messy gamefile names.

See here for further details:

https://emvoy.codeplex.com/

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have trouble running EmVoy well i have the log but there is not much information so i hope i'm posting correct one

Optional={option} and content=Start of Emvoy Log
Last run: po 11.05.2015 8:50:23,68

==========================================================
Checking Administrator Status:
Script Running with Administrator Priviledges
System Info:
Name

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional |C:\Windows|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2

OSArchitecture

64-bit

Name

Intel® Core i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz

TotalVisibleMemorySize

UserName

oem-PC\oem

"___________ ____ ____ "
"\_ _____/ ____\ \ / /___ ___.__."
" | __)_ / \ Y / _ < | |"
" | \ Y Y \ ( <_> )___ |"
"/_______ /__|_| /\___/ \____// ____|"
" \/ \/ \/ "

# Starting EmVoy...

=============================================================================
# Processing parameters passed from Command Line--
=============================================================================
# Parsing command line for switches and values:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original cmd line: [C:\Users\oem\Desktop\EmVoy_0_6_6\EmVoy_0_6_6\EmVoy64.exe]
Directory: []
File: []
Profile: []
Default Emulator: []
Specified Gamename: []
Dequoted game name: []
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUMMARY of cmd vars:
_cmdorig=C:\Users\oem\Desktop\EmVoy_0_6_6\EmVoy_0_6_6\EmVoy64.exe
-------- oooooOOOOOooooooo --------
# Loading correct Boot Profile depending on circumstances....
Reading Default Profile number from emvoy.ini:
{SUB: IniCmd: Various ini file functions}
{Parameters recieved: /m read /s "X-boot" /k _dpsDefProfile /f emvoy.ini
{Reading Value from Key in Section

Hmmm... that's very mysterious. It seems to be crashing on the first call of a vbs script - IniCommand.vbs. Wasn't doing this on my Win8 test rig, so not sure what's going on here. Could you do a few things:

Could you check that the script IniCommand.vbs is in the root of the Emvoy installation (i.e. C:\Users\oem\Desktop\EmVoy_0_6_6\EmVoy_0_6_6\)???

Not sure if installing to desktop causes any difficulties - have you tried installing elsewhere?

Failing above, place the attached file in you emvoy root, change the file extension to ".bat" rather than ".txt" and run it. Then post back the file errorlog.txt.

debug.txt

Well i have done what i have been told ie i have moved EmVoy to root of my drive and double checked that IniCommand.vbs is in root of instalation..Than i have run the debug.bat but it get's stuck and doesn't do anything it just freezez so no errorlog i can provide..Not sure what's happening maybe it's not compatible with Win 7 ???

• 2 years later...