All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

v14.06 - Weather Icon not displaying correct data for my location

Evilforces

VIa Setup Wizard under HTPC Settings.

Thanks Draco, but i put the name of my city and says we have 59ºC today.... I think we are on hell if this true... :D

How to put the name of my city correctly to display the true weather?

Another question is the new weather page displays info too big and not centered to the screen... I don't know if this is a problem of my system...

I entered my city using a postal code (ZIP code in the U.S.) and it pulled just fine. Give that a try.

I tryied with no success... 58º now... we are burning!!!!

The weather page says i'm on London, GLA....

My postal code is 46800 Xàtiva (Valencia) Spain

I not tried entering that because there is no instructions with how to do that... I will try and comment, but i think this plugin / feature is not working well... almost on my system.

At the risk of stating the obvious, you do have the weather feature enabled, right?

Are you saying enable the option "Enable weather icon" and "Enable weather page" on the HTPC configuration page? If this, yes, i have it enabled... Also i have it enabled on the HTML aplications config page.

Yep, I figured so, it would be hard to miss since it's directly above the place you enter the zip code.

I understand this, but i can't imagine what part of the world have today a 58º temperature....

And as i say before, the weather page don't display the text correct. All is very big and I can't see anything on this page, only some text about location at the begining...

Here is what you need to do:

1. Via Setup Wizard, go to the Weather settings under HTPC

2. Next to the field labeled Weather Location, click on the button with ... at the end of the field

3. A new pop-up windows should appear. Make sure Enable Weather Icon is checked. Also, type Xativa Valencia Spain in the City/Town field and click Search. Xativa. V. Spain should populate the Results field.

4. Ensure that Use Centigrade is checked, then click OK. The pop-up window should then close.

5. You should now see Xativa, V, Spain in the Weather Location field. Click the next arrow a few times, the exit.

6. Boot GameEx. As of the time of this post, GameEx is reporting your current temperature as 18 degrees C. which is a few degrees warmer than what is being reported here.

As you can see, it just takes a little experimenting with the format of your search. B)

• Like 1

Here is what you need to do:

1. Via Setup Wizard, go to the Weather settings under HTPC

2. Next to the field labeled Weather Location, click on the button with ... at the end of the field

3. A new pop-up windows should appear. Make sure Enable Weather Icon is checked. Also, type Xativa Valencia Spain in the City/Town field and click Search. Xativa. V. Spain should populate the Results field.

4. Ensure that Use Centigrade is checked, then click OK. The pop-up window should then close.

5. You should now see Xativa, V, Spain in the Weather Location field. Click the next arrow a few times, the exit.

6. Boot GameEx. As of the time of this post, GameEx is reporting your current temperature as 18 degrees C. which is a few degrees warmer than what is being reported here.

As you can see, it just takes a little experimenting with the format of your search. B)

HI Draco, when i press the "..." button nothing happens.... :(

EDIT: Ok there is a problem if you use the setup wizard in Spanish language. If you try to open the dialog to select location nothing happens. If you push the button with english language the pot-up opens correctly.

This is the reason to I don't know how to config this feature, because every time i tried to push the button nothing happens and i thougt i can only write the name of my city on the text box. Now i can configure the plugin correctly.

Please, try to correct this problem to all the people with spanish language configured on their systems.

Thanks for help.

EDIT 2: The problem with the Weather page still happening. I see all the text big not centered. I think this is a bug or a theme problem.

My guess is that it is going to render incorrectly using 3D menu transitions regardless of theme. Since it really is not displaying much more info than the icon, I am not using it. I have a simple weather website that I can load as an HTML application (via Setup Wizard) that I can go to from within GameEx to display the local current and projected forecasts.

• Like 1