All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Settings GameEx / Settings MAME/ Questions about modifying Layout

Alan Ribas

Did the report I think is a bug in GameEx. When I walk in the MAME configuration options (Setup Wizard), in the "MAME settings", I activate the option "Show game 4 players," but it does not appear when I enter the GameEx. Other options are activated and they appear.

Please look for a long time the answer but so far not found:
1) I am setting up the layout GameEx. But I did not find a way to edit the "MENU" option. Is this possible? This option shows more things than I wanted. I would like to edit it, and in some cases remove it.
2)Within "MAME settings" can not find the option to remove the option to display that appears when we entered the mame through GameEx, "Update List". You can do it?
3) Another thing I wanted to edit is a possibility to remove the "Image" and "Image 2" on some systems.
Could anyone help me?

GameEx.ini

1) I am setting up the layout GameEx. But I did not find a way to edit the "MENU" option. Is this possible? This option shows more things than I wanted. I would like to edit it, and in some cases remove it.

------depending on what exactly you want, you can achieve this. In the very first menu, if youd like to remove things such as external programs, the settings menu and such, you can achieve this by disabling certain things Off the top of my mind, you can disable or enable exit from gameex which will eliminate that option. If you disable "allow theme picker, allow settings, etc" it will remove the features off of the menu. If you specify exactly what youd like to remove, ill tell you what to disable

2)Within "MAME settings" can not find the option to remove the option to display that appears when we entered the mame through GameEx, "Update List". You can do it?

----- in settings, go to the "enable disable features" page, and fine "hide update list", set it to yes.. there ya go

3) Another thing I wanted to edit is a possibility to remove the "Image" and "Image 2" on some systems.

-----if you mean in the actual gameex themes where it places different art? or to make gameex use say a marquee instead of backround image.. specify this issue. If its within the theme, it can be tricky as the theme editor thus far isnt to in depth. You can open your theme in the editor (found under themes), and with a little playing around u can with the side menu, you can find the images your looking for. You cant delete them per say, so you will have to physically drag them off of the menu page in the corner or something. Its more of a work around than a fix.

People will be able to answer this a little more precisely, i dont have a pc in front of me so this is all off my head, but a lot of it should help

I think Alan is using a translation engine. I could be wrong but just in case i will use the old addage that a "Picture speaks 1000 words" :D

Once you enable "Show game 4 players" you must Update List to see the changes:

post-6865-0-27461500-1427841245_thumb.pn

Load GameEx, go to MAME, Update List.

Change to shorten list:

Setup Wizard> MAME Settings:

post-6865-0-26335000-1427841399_thumb.pn

• Like 1

To be organized by topics we will! kkkkkk !!!! :D

Goodnight everyone! First I would like to thank everyone for the help. I'll explain right what I want.

1) When I mentioned the menu is that part we visualize the top of the screen (I took a copy of the screen and circled the red-attached), to show that we can filter the games by year, category, Games 2 players, game 4 players etc.

I would like to draw some options, Example, Only leave the filter of "category" and remove the rest. But I also want at times to remove the menu altogether.

2) About removing the option to "update list" emulator "MAME", thank you! Already removed. ^_^

3) For images that I want to remove, was referring to these. (Print screen attached).

For example: The image field is responsible for passing the video snap of the game. And the "image 2" is responsible for showing the Box game. At times I wanted to just leave the field "Image", and at other times just leave the field "Image 2"

I wonder if you can take them out of some emulators and leave others?

4) About the MAME emulator to enable the option to list only shows games with 4 players, not yet succeeded. This option is turned on, but it just does not appear when I enter the mame page. :wacko:

post-27643-0-63190500-1427942367_thumb.j

post-27643-0-99752200-1427943212_thumb.p