All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Program to launch on PinballX Shutdown (not Exit)

escuco

Hello!

I want to integrate a startup video (which works fine with the "Enable startup video") and a shutdown video:

http://www.klomp.de/index.php/virtueller-flipper-vpin-selber-bauen/homemade-virtual-pinball-cabinet-vpin/61-virtual-pinball-intro-video-startup-frontend-pinballx

At the moment, I'm using the "Exit program" function which starts a program on exit. I'm using VLC Video Lan Player to play the shutdown video.

But is there any way to play a video (or start a program like VLC) when shutting down PinballX and Windows (and not only on exit PinballX)?

Thanks in advance!

Jan

Standard autohotkey?

Load PinballX with a hotkeyscript which waits for PinballX to shutdown, then trigger the video, close script.

Something like:

Run, PinballX.exeWinWaitActive, PinballXWinWaitClose, PinballXRun, VLC.exe -MyVideo.mp4ExitApp

That is a guess ^^ but close to how it should be with AHK.

• 2 weeks later...

Standard autohotkey?

Load PinballX with a hotkeyscript which waits for PinballX to shutdown, then trigger the video, close script.

That is a guess ^^ but close to how it should be with AHK.

Thanks, horseyhorsey, I wondered if there is a way directly with PinballX, but I'll try it with AHK - I already used it on my arcade cab.

escuco

Nice rig escuco!

Those intro / outro videos make for a nice custom touch!

Thanks! I finished my Visual Pinball Cab "escucos Little Joe" in the last weeks, if somebody is interested, here you'll find my building project page with some pictures and a cost report with sources of supply for the material I used:

http://www.klomp.de/index.php/virtueller-flipper-vpin-selber-bauen/homemade-virtual-pinball-cabinet-vpin

And here is a small video from the cab:

• Like 2

You can easily make a batch file to accomplish this, and I think it is not only the simplest method, but the one I would recommend. So just have PinballX launch the batch file after it exits.

@echo offVLC.exe "XXXXX"shutdown /s /f /t TTTTT

Replace XXXXX with your video name with full path. Replace TTTTT with the time in seconds of the length of the video, plus maybe 1 or 2 seconds. This is also assuming you use VLC as your video player. Just replace VLC.exe with whatever video player you choose to use.

• Like 2

You can easily make a batch file to accomplish this, and I think it is not only the simplest method, but the one I would recommend. So just have PinballX launch the batch file after it exits.

@echo offVLC.exe "XXXXX"shutdown /s /f /t TTTTT

Replace XXXXX with your video name with full path. Replace TTTTT with the time in seconds of the length of the video, plus maybe 1 or 2 seconds. This is also assuming you use VLC as your video player. Just replace VLC.exe with whatever video player you choose to use.

Thanks, another nice idea!

I'll give it a try. I think Windows will react to ctrl-x to abort the batch for the case, that I don't want to shutdown the machine after exiting PinballX. I like that solution more than installing another programm (e.g. AHK) on my machine.

Thanks, another nice idea!

I'll give it a try. I think Windows will react to ctrl-x to abort the batch for the case, that I don't want to shutdown the machine after exiting PinballX. I like that solution more than installing another programm (e.g. AHK) on my machine.

Once you run the shutdown command, you have to run "shutdown /a" in order to abort the shutdown process.