All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Getting Videos for steam versus images

Wodrith

It seems that using the integrated steam feature that the game select screen finds a game image, from somwhere I dont know.

I saw this demo:

where someone is using gameEx and the steam games are playing videos on the select screen. How does that functionality work? only seeing a couple options under the steam set of options.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forums!

GameEx will automatically fetch the videos and banners from the Steam site once you have entered your Steam details in the Setup Wizard. You will need to use a theme that uses both image modules to see the associated vid and banner. Some themes only use one image module so you will either see only the vid, or the banner depending on the theme. There are many themes that use both though!

Browse the Themes Section at your leisure. If you like the one i used in the vid it is called "The Darkness" by RageOn.

Be aware that if your Steam collection is particularly large, then it will take some time for all the media to be downloaded.

• Like 1

Nice, that worked well, and since on the topic of steam.

Using just pc games before steam, I was able to use advanced configs on the setup menu to launch specific applications tied to individual games. (controller configs for PC games who have terrible or no remapping ability). In the steam options, it looks like I can select files to launch before and after steam, but is there a way to launch specific applications when a certain steam game is played vs. another? I have a couple games on steam that I want to use slightly different button mappings.... and have sadly no in-game controller remapping support >_< TY :D

I would use the Xpadder Plugin created by our own Author Adultery. This will let you choose custom (Xpadder) Profiles on a per-game basis. Nothing beats it in my personal opinion :) Not least because it only costs £5.99/$9.99/€7,99, and does everything you want it to. Yes, this means enabling controller support for many old games/emulators, some new, and for sure all inbetween!

• Like 1

Pinnalce Game Profiler is another option is Xpadder doesn't suit your taste. I believe it's safe to say that Xpadder is a community favorite, and getting Dazzle's stamp of approval is always a good indicator, but it's always nice to have an alternative. PGP is routinely on sale BTW!

Sounds like Dazzle got you headed in the right direction, and you're all fixed up regarding the original question. I'm going to mark this one as resolved, but if you need additional help just ask.

• Like 1