All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Mednafan wont launch

ManApeFish

Hi there, and welcome to the forums!

Your command looks fine and nothing is jumping out at me at the moment. Can i assume you have double checked your paths and they are in fact correct?

Also, are you using the base Mednafen emulator or a GUI/Frontend such as MedGui?

Please post your log.txt in your next reply after you have attempted to launch mednafen through GameEx.

Thanks! :)

Hi , thanks for the reply and the welcome :)

Sorry I forgot to post the log first time,I have attached it as I'm unable to hide with the bbcode.

I have checked the paths and the seem fine.I am using the base version of Mednafan.I'm really puzzled as it seems one of the easier command lines and programs to get working , especially after scratching my head for days setting Saturn up.

Thanks again !

log.txt

Thanks for posting your log - it doesn't seem to be giving any obvious errors.

There are a couple of things to try:

1) Assuming all your roms are in .zip format, try adding *.zip to your rom filter:

Go to Setup Wizard> Custom> Emulator Setup, and you'll find "Rom Filter" there.

2) If #1 is not fruitful try this: I'm pretty sure Mednafen runs zip files, but just in case, have you tried enabling zip support in GameEx?

Go to Setup Wizard> Custom> Advanced Emulator Setup.

Choose your Mednafen setup and change "Zip/7-Zip/GoodMerge/RAR" to Yes.

Failing that, don't despair - there are more things we can try, i'm just weeding out the usual suspects at this point as your config looks OK so far :)

PS: Attaching files is acceptable, but just as an FYI this is the format to use:

[gameex_data]Paste your log, ini etc here[/gameex_data]
  • Like 1

Hi thanks for the info still not loading though.I have noticed that the game list is not updating in GameEx for Mednefan (TurboGraFX) and also that GameEx is not writing EMU.map for Mednefan as well not sure if this is related but I thought I would mention it.

Update :

i have managed to get it all working under SuperGrafx header not sure why this has made a difference.