All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

video snap names

peterson65

how does game search and play video snaps? what i am talking about is the naming of the snaps. i download the low res snaps from emumovies for the n64 and cant seen to get them to work. they are .mp4 so i converted them to avi but still wont play. so i did in gameex a capture of the first rom in my list (007 goldeneye) copied the name of that capture to the downloaded one and it worked so should they be named the same as the rom file or the game itself?

thanks

how does game search and play video snaps? what i am talking about is the naming of the snaps. i download the low res snaps from emumovies for the n64 and cant seen to get them to work. they are .mp4 so i converted them to avi but still wont play. so i did in gameex a capture of the first rom in my list (007 goldeneye) copied the name of that capture to the downloaded one and it worked so should they be named the same as the rom file or the game itself?

thanks

Yes, the video file has to be the same name as your ROM file. So for say 007 The World is not Enough.n64 your video file needs to be 007 The World is not Enough.avi

• Like 1

thanks, what a pain. so are emumovies snaps named incorrect? or my roms are

Its just dependent on where you get your ROMs. Use something like Fat Match (find it on emumovies) to rename your files in bulk. Nothing about this hobby is easy man. ;)

Another vote here, it just doesn't get any easier than this.

The Emumovies download utility is good but has its flaws. If you use it, it will scan your roms and download the appropriate snaps, basically looks for similar filenames to that of your ROMs, but I've had many games get skipped because my name wasn't close enough or I had a video snap for a completely different game downloaded. Like ClayFighter 2 having the video snap of ClayFighter. Or any sequel of a game that's just the original titles name plus a number.

• Like 1

I forgot about the download service. its been a long time since my initial setup of mame I never had it setup just recently been finishing adding all my other emulators and tweaking themes and crt-emu driver ect. .fat match is a nice program to have but now after I setup my user and password for the download service everything is updating now.

thanks guys