All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Mess (Command Line: Commodore CDTV and CD32)

Alan Ribas

I don't use mess but maybe try a dash in front of cdtv and cd32 like so -cdtv and -cd32. also if you search winuae command line in gameex frequency has helped a couple people I saw when I was setting this up for amiga, but that was using winuae emulator not mess.

You don't need a dash in front of the system but you have to specify the type of media you are loading. I have not tried CDTV/32 but I think it will be -flop1 -flop2 or -cdrom depending on the media type you have. e.g:

mess64.exe cd32 -flop1 "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"
To load from floppy drive 1.

This is the relevant part of the manual:

http://www.mess.org/mess/howto#media_emulation

• Like 1

The types of games I want to play are in a ".iso"

I took a look at the link you gave me:

I tried this command line:

mess64.exe cd32 -cdrom "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]" -joy -now

mess64.exe cdtv -cdrom "[ROMPATH] \ [ROMFILE]" -now -joy

I realized that the Mess emulator starts but closes quickly. The same thing happens when we try to open a game that Mess emulator does not have the "BIOS". But checked the folder and bios of CD32 and CDTV are there.

Anyone have any ideas !?

I found these instructions on the link that I thought would suggested me. Apparently, from what I understand, an .iso file must be converted to CHD in order to run. For sure I will not. I will use another emulator same.

For CDs, as for carts, we try to rely on the best collections available, which often means redump.org, but not always (e.g. they still haven't found a way to extract properly the content of PCE CDs). Then, we convert the available .bin + .cue files to .chd, following the instructions that you can find here.

This is usually enough to produce the .chd with the checksums expected by the software list.

Things become a bit messier when the only available rips are in .iso+.mp3 format. In this case, the conversion to .chd usually involve in mounting the image in a program like Daemon Tools and then ripping it as a real CD.

Thank you for help guys !!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

The person responsible for marking as resolved the topic can do it. B)

The answer has already been posted by fellow "Endominius". Thanks to him I found the document that says files isos not run on Mess. But a way to make them work would convert them into CHD image.