All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

FURY 325

tthurman

Full screen for better effect ;)

A video of a brand new coaster dubbed the Fury 325 (because it tops off at a height of 325 feet), at the Carowinds amusement park in Charlotte, North Carolina, is offering people everywhere a virtual thrill ride.

The video simulates what it’s like to ride the open-air coaster, which is 20 feet taller than the Statue of Liberty. The so-called “giga coaster” will open to the public on March 28 and features a top speed of 95 miles per hour and has an 81-degree initial drop.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

When it opens, it will be the largest and fastest coaster of its type, the park said.

If you are one of the many people who get too queasy to actually ride a giant roller coaster like this, here’s one way to experience the thrill (mostly) without the unpleasant side effects.

• Like 2