All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Favorite Pinball Tables on your Cabinet

rtkiii

What are some of your favorites tables to play on your PBX setup?

I was thinking of this because the "well known" ones are usually good but I find my self playing the ones I never new existed. I was going to title it as "Uncommon" but who cares... :) But maybe it will inspire someone to search out a table to add to their build.

"title fight" is one that comes to mind right out the gate.

Feel free to redirect me if someone else already made this thread.

• Like 1

You'll probably hate it, it's soooo ghetto. But I can play for hours! Probably more due to the nostalgia than the table itself.

That and Street Fighter. Absolutely blew through rolls of quarters and days off my life on that one!

• Like 1

You'll probably hate it, it's soooo ghetto. But I can play for hours! Probably more due to the nostalgia than the table itself.

That and Street Fighter. Absolutely blew through rolls of quarters and days off my life on that one!

I play Monday Night Football for hours and it is not even a good recreation of the table...because that was my favorite when I was like 13 years old. So I understand what you mean :)

Allthough I still have to find out how to get pinball emulators to work...

I've played Stern's "Pirates of the Carribean" on a real cab during a short holiday last year. Loads of fun.

POTC_0002_Upper-Playfield.jpg

I also remember having played Stern's "Big Buck Hunter" a few years ago. Really enjoyed that too !

5.jpg

That's it for now...

Man...I really have to try and setup Visual Pinball or Future Pinball ....:) ....it's a bit overwhelming though to get them to work.... :wacko:

• Like 1

GC..it does take some time but if I can get through it anyone can :)

I'd very much like to able to play all those cool pinball tables B) . I just have to find a way to start configuring Visual Pinball / Future Pinball...

Btw, I just gave you your 100th "Like". Congrats ^_^

• 1 month later...

I use Visual Pinball. I recently added a Steam Account for PBFX2 but I only have one table on there. the free one :)

Keep an eye out for Humble Bundle and Bundlestars deals. I bought much of my Pinball FX 2 collection via Humble Bundle (I believe it was the Star Wars and Marvel packs). I would have to say Deadpool and Ms. 'Splosion Man are two of my favorites from that collection.

I have so many fond memories of many pinball tables that I played when I was a kid but tend to play Black Knight, Gorgar, Firepower, Xenon, Medusa and Cosmic Gunfight the most. I now have 3 different Visual Pinball's (VP, VP PhysMod, VP X) setup under PinballX now but also have Future Pinball tables as well. I just setup Hercules under VP X and Wow! looks and plays amazing! I remember the first time seeing and playing this when I was a kid. Was a giant table for sure and the author recreated it perfectly in VP X.

Well now that The Addams Family is part of Pinball Arcade, I won't get past that. That used to BE the motivating factor for setting up vpinmame. :)

I'm going to do a revamp of my GameEx's Pinball setup someday. I have so many files, and everything is all disorganized. The previous method of setting it all up was to just grab everything available, and hope all the paths were setup correctly. I think for my next attempt I'm going to go individual tables, only that method probably will take ages to get setup. What's currently the best avenue to take, or do most people seem to be doing? I've not bothered to setup PinballX, but I really want to. How well does it work along side GameEx..can I easily switch between the 2? Also, I realize PinballX was designed to work with PinCabs (at least that's what all the videos look like).. how well does it work with a desktop/htpc setup? I've not quite got the money together (if I ever will) to invest in building a pincab (even though I really, REALLY want to). But seeing Krack's post about VP, PhysMod, VP X makes me think I'm falling behind on the times, and I need to revisit this. All my pinball playing has been, as previously said, only on my Xbox, and I really want to play some of the great classics.

I run PinballX in "desktop" mode, which is just another way of saying landscape, horizontal, on its side, you get the idea. It runs fine on my system at full 1920x1080. There are more snaps and videos and such for the pincab setups, but don't let that be a deterrent. I run GameEx for my MAME and PC games and PinballX for Pinball FX 2 (for now) but may give VP or FP a go next. I don't intend to build a pincab anytime soon (unless a rich uncle I am unaware of passes and I inherit lots of loot or win the "redneck retirement fund).