All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[DEALS] GOG Double Insomnia Sale

nullPointer

GOG is once again holding one of its (in)famous Insomnia Sales.. How you feel about this may depend on how you feel about time/quantity based sales in which a predetermined quantity of one item must be sold before a new item is put on sale (kinda like Amazon Lightning Deals).

In this particular iteration of the sale, two games are always on sale at any given time. One of them is a classic game (Seasoned) and the other a more recent game (Fresh). This helps the proceedings to move at a reasonably brisk pace, and some games sell out remarkably quickly.

I just managed to score Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis on the cheap, so I can't complain at all!

• Like 1

Yeah, it's just too bad that I'm "seasoned" myself when it comes to deals on GOG. Last year I was a full participant in Spring Insomnia & Summer Sale (spending $65 and saving almost $300 w/the latter), so a lot of this stuff that's gonna be here is gonna be marked "owned" or is stuff I'm not too interested in. I still have a tab open for it.

Sweet I just scored Pier Solar and the Great Architects for free!

I neglected to mention in my first post that there is a random chance that you will receive your selected game for free when checking out. It doesn't hurt to add things to your cart and go to checkout just in case, which is what happened here (I just wanted to double check available payment options! :lol:)

• Like 1

I've been trying all day for a "critical hit" (what they call their free games), no luck so far.

I did manage to pick up some good stuff though.

Clive Barker's Undying USD 1.49 (USD 5.99) [75%] (saved 4.50)

Cognition: Game of the Year Edition USD 2.99 (USD 14.99) [80%] (saved 12.00)

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition USD 1.49 (USD 9.99) [85%] (saved 8.50)

Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut USD 4.99 (USD 19.99) [75%] (saved 15.00)

So for $11 I saved $40. I love these GOG sales.

• Like 1

So for $11 I saved $40. I love these GOG sales.

Nice! I usually try to close my eyes and avoid thinking about how much I spend during sales like this, but I like how you've framed it in terms of money saved. Let's do this! Here's my haul:

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis USD 2.99 (5.99 USD) [50%] (saved 3.00)
The Last Express USD 1.49 (5.99 USD) [75%] (saved 4.50)
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest USD 2.49 (9.99 USD) [75%] (saved 7.50)
Pier Solar and the Great Architects Free (14.99 USD) [100%] (saved 14.99) :)
Quest for Infamy USD 3.99 (19.99 USD) [80%] (saved 16.00)
Star Wars: X-Wing Special Edition USD 4.99 (9.99 USD) [50%] (saved 5.00)
Wizardry 6+7 USD 1.49 (5.99 USD) [75%] (saved 4.50)
Wizardry 8 USD 1.99 (9.99 USD) [80%] (saved 8.00)
Total Spent: 19.43
Total Saved: 63.49
Good lord, that ought to keep me busy for a while! Thanks GOG!

Focusing on what I saved is exactly what I did during last year's Summer Sale, only because I bought so much and got a couple of series bundles at very good discounts. I missed one of the games they were offering for free but a fellow Racketboy member had my back with a free code. I got 37 games there.

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault War Chest USD 2.49 (9.99 USD) [75%] (saved 7.50)

You're gonna like that one. I got the MOH 10th anniversary collection and it has AA and the 2 expansion packs. otherwise I would have bought it from them.

This sale became quite addictive, I found myself watching it with great anticipation of what the next title would be. Fortunately I was able to restrain, and didn't go crazy with purchases!

I deleted the email without even thinking twice about it, so thanks for the descriptive post nP!