All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Deleting physical roms from excluded games list

Evilforces

Hi guys,

I wanted to know if there is any way to use the list of excluded games to erase these games on roms folder where they are.

Is there a program or batch file that allows to do this?

Thank you very much for your answers.

Edit: Ok, found this thread and think it's my solution!!!

Edit 2: I just use the program and all it has done is clear the list of excluded roms. Now back to have my dirty list and the roms I do not want.

I thought this program erased roms from the original roms folder, but it seems that all it does is clear the list of excluded roms (do not understand that it serves this)

Any solution?

Edit 3: Now when i exclude roms from my emulator, the list on the Gameex config (setup wizard) appears with white letters. If your select there is something here, but it's not visible. I tried to copy the content of the excluded roms on a txt file and there are names of the roms, but are not visible. I don't understand nothing.....

Edit4: Ok i found the problem now. The problem is i have selected the meged sets on my emulator and when you exclude a rom it only exclude the first rom contained on the merged set. Whe you use the utility it delete only the first rom on this set and clear the excluded roms list. Now, if you see the list the game re-appears because it's compossed by 2 or 3 or more roms that make the full set. You need to apply this operation until all the roms are deleted.

There are batch-files / scripts somewhere in the deep WWW (to lazy right now, to search for this), however i dont recommend this. The few GB you would spare, is not worth the hassle you will have, if you update MAME to a recent version. Then again postings will arise, why is rom xy not working and stuff like this or even worse, waste bandwith to download a whole MAME set again, which in no way is economical and a good social behaviour.

i.e. i keep my roms complete, every MAME update is always less than 100-200MB and take me 10-15min. to have a up-to-date rom-set.

I do not want to use this program with MAME , but with my emulators that already I have the complete collections, in this particular case with Nintendo 64. I do not think they'll get more games this system right? ;-)

Oh... than im sorry :) ... cant help much there, but for your list problem: you could look into the Gamex/DATA folder and look for your N64 emulator. It must be one of the EMU_x.map and EMU_x.dbcache files. Open the .map files, they contain the game-names until you find the right one and than delete all the remaining files (maybe make a backup and move it out of the folder). GameEx should than create new files, based on your rom-folder and should eliminate the problem with "blank" lines.

Just to clarify. The problem with hidden text is not in the list of the emulator in GameEx, but in shaping the Setup Wizard in text box of excluded roms.

I think it's because there is too much data on the line, because if I delete some data text reappears.

Yeah I've noticed that in the Setup Wizard as well. if you start getting a large number of excluded ROMs it's actually easier to view (and potentially edit) them in your gameex.ini. I'm not entirely sure, but I think that functionality in the Setup Wizard works as designed since it would be fairly difficult to view/edit a large list of excluded ROMs in a small text box field.

• Like 1