All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Emulator "FS-UAE" command Line in Gameex

Alan Ribas

Good day !!
I found this great emulator. The sound and video are excelent in games. But I want to use the "FS-UAE" emulator in GameEx. But still have not found the correct command line to make it work.
Can anyone here help me !?
ps. in consultation on other sites I found this command line:
fs-uae --amiga-model = CD32 --cdrom-drive-0 = / path / to / file.iso
But it's still not perfect. With it the emulator recognizes that you want to use CD32, but a message appears saying that has no cd.

I am Brazilian. If any Brazilian can help me, please can write in Portuguese! :-)
Edited by nullPointer
Moved to GameEx - General Forum

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

First off, i request you post your gameex.ini and log.txt (instructions) as they will provide valuable information to anyone viewing your post.

Secondly it would help if you could answer a couple of questions. Does this emulator run disk images natively, ie without third party mounting software etc? And does it work outside of GameEx with the command your posted?

I've personally never used this emu but i can suggest some alterations to your command line. I would erase the spaces in your switches, and put the proper GameEx command for romfile ( [ROMPATH\ROMFILE] ) like so:

fs-uae --amiga-model=CD32 --cdrom-drive-0="[ROMPATH\ROMFILE]"

Bear in mind that this is just a suggestion, someone with better knowledge may follow up.

• Like 1

Thank you for trying to help me DazzleHP :) , but this command line did not work :( . Before calling the help of this forum, I tried several command line combinations. Among them that you just pass me To. Answer your question this emulator can run a compressed iso. It is not necessary to create a virtual drive or unpack the iso. Out of GameEx compressed games run perfectly.

................................................................................................................................................................................................

Below log.txt

[Emulator]

RomsInFolders=False

CDCheck=False

CDCheckFile=

UseDbName=False

VideoSnapPath=D:\Jogos\EMULADORES\Amiga CD 32\Vídeo Snaps (Amiga CD32)

lastgame=

Info=Amiga emulator

RequiredFiles=

Rating=8.1

Version=2.4.0

Emulator=WinUAE

Category=PC

System=Commodore Amiga

Enabled=True

TitleText=AMIGA CD 32

StartPageName=AMIGA CD 32

StartPageLogo=Amiga CD32

Command=fs-uae --amiga-model=CD32 --cdrom-drive-0="[ROMPATH\ROMFILE]"

RomFilter=*.iso

Database=[Console] Commodore Amiga CD32

ConfigFile=[Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close)

MapFile=

RomPath=D:\Jogos\EMULADORES\Amiga CD 32\Roms (Amiga CD32)

SnapPath=

TitlePath=

BoxPath=D:\Jogos\EMULADORES\Amiga CD 32\Box (Amiga CD32)

CartPath=

ManualPath=

ControlPanelPath=

WorkingPath=D:\Jogos\EMULADORES\Amiga CD 32\FS UAE

MapKeys=True

WaitBeforeKeys=3000

SendKeys={enter}

ReplaceDash=False

ReplaceUnder=False

Capitals=False

RemoveBrackets=False

ShowDesktop=False

Debug=False

AlsoLaunch=

OLDatZip=

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

ExcludedFiles=

CustomBackground=Theme_Background_AMIGA CD 32.png

PlayMusic=False

DontShowInfo=True

PlaySelectionMusic=False

SelectionMusicFolder=

PCGame=False

GamesIn7Zips=False

PlayInScreenSaver=False

ShowMostPlayed=False

RandomMostPlayed=False

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................

I'd put here Gameex.ini file but it is huge. Can I just throw all your content here? Or is there a way to attach a file !?

ps. as you did to put that command line I suggested between a rectangle?

the instructions that say :

"Please put the contents of your gameex.ini file in Support File Mask tags. It is difficult for mobile users to read the forums with out them, especially on mobile devices." I do not know how to do this!

Edited by tthurman
compressed text

I did exactly what you asked me. I put the command

[/ spoiler] and added the contents of the ini file GameEx between them. Still the same phrase that does not add: "Saving post .."

I tried here and could not. Can you give me a step by step what should I do !? Some video?

really sorry for my stupidity. :(

Tell me how do I attach a file !?

guys finally figured out what the problem was. I. What the DazzleHP had said was right.
Happens is that even though this line correct command when you start the emulator by GameEx comes the same error message than to say that did not find the CD:
It's just you wait until the game starts.
ps. The only problem now is that the GammeEX player 2 does not work, but only by running emulator yes.

I'll leave the two command lines AMIGA CD32 and CDTV COMMODORE if we want to use.
fs-uae.exe .exe  --fullscreen=1 --amiga-model=CDTV --cdrom-drive-0="[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"
fs-uae.exe  --fullscreen=1 --amiga-model=CD32 --cdrom-drive-0="[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

If anyone finds out why the second player does not work if we are using GameEx please let me know here.

Thank you all !!!

• 3 weeks later...
Problem solved guys! I talked with the emulator developer. He explained that the FS-UAE emulator, by default, first activate the joystick and mouse. His words:
"Amiga joystick ports with detected host gamepads, but by default, joystick port 0 is in mouse mode, in Which case FS-UAE does not automatically assign the device joystick. Use --joystick-port-0-mode = joystick (Amiga / CDTV)
or --joystick-port-0-mode = "CD32 gamepad" (CD32).
This command line gave it orders the emulator to work with the second joystick.
But there's a catch. The above active command line the possibility of using the second joystick. Then, once you entered the game you must press the menu button, and manually choose a mouse port and establish it as their second joystick. When you enter the game.
So, to summarize, the entire command line both emulators, CDTV and CD32 were as follows:
CD32:fs-uae.exe --amiga-model=CD32 --joystick-port-0-mode="cd32 gamepad" --fullscreen=1 --cdrom-drive-0="[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"CDTV:fs-uae.exe --fullscreen=1 --amiga-model=CDTV --joystick-port-0-mode=joystick --cdrom-drive-0="[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

Thanks to everyone who helped me! :D

• 3 weeks later...
I use this emulator to run only games "AMIGA CD32" and "Commodoro CDTV". So I can not say Anything the command line you need to run diskettes.

What I recommend you do is enter the emulator's Web site, and ask that the emulator developer.

Several my doubts were removed by him. The guy seems to be pretty cool! ;)