All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Menu underline - how to remove?

DietCoke

I'd like to get a screenshot but have not had luck getting it. Anyhow, the menu in my theme is laid out properly it seems, but there are underlines between each list item, and they stretch all the way to the right side. Anyone know how to get rid of them? I'm bastardizing the Ambient Occlusion theme.

Edit: Here it is:

RPXrOXo.jpg

I was curious how the underlining was done, so I took a look.

There is a file in the GameEx\THEMES\Ambient Occlusion\MEDIA folder named Unselected.png. The theme displays this file for each selectable line that is not currently selected. The result is that the menu selections all look like they are underlined.

You can clear the lines in the theme by opening the file in a graphics editor like photoshop or gimp and clear the graphics (be sure to retain the transparency).

• Like 1

Good Call. I was going to suggest the problem is related to the theme as well. More than likely, the theme was designed in a different resolution than what you're using, that's why you see graphics not properly aligned, etc. You can try doing as RedDog suggested, and make changes to the theme itself. Or, for a test, try simply changing the theme and see if it goes away. That way you don't waste all your time trying to fix it, if in fact that ISN'T the problem.

Thanks for the replies, folks. I had looked at the Unselected and cleared it out, but found that it wasn't applying. After review I'm sure I did this to myself... I made a copy of the entire Ambient Occusion directory and was editing and using that one instead. For some reason it didn't seem to update consistently, so I'm assuming there's some sort of path in there possibly hardcoded? Not sure and haven't had time to investigate much yet, but after copying my changes from the copied directory back to the original it seems that the updates are now applying. Thanks again!

Thanks for the replies, folks. I had looked at the Unselected and cleared it out, but found that it wasn't applying. After review I'm sure I did this to myself... I made a copy of the entire Ambient Occusion directory and was editing and using that one instead. For some reason it didn't seem to update consistently, so I'm assuming there's some sort of path in there possibly hardcoded? Not sure and haven't had time to investigate much yet, but after copying my changes from the copied directory back to the original it seems that the updates are now applying. Thanks again!

It is possible that it had not been updated in the theme. When you open a theme in Theme Editor, it will load the available selector bars. If you copied the transparent one that I provided and overwrote the one that was originally part of the theme, you would then edit the existing theme to update what is within the Media folder.