All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Winvice help

sms2169

Hello I was wondering if anyone could tell me command line to run d64 and tape files in winvice. I have the carts running with x64 -cartcrt romfile or something not at the computer to verify but that works for carts. frequency had posted that awhile ago but gives error when running other than .crt files. In winvice you have to auto run those other two but can't nail down exact form yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks

Disclaimer: It's been a long time and by no means an expert on Commodore stuff.

But, if the commands are different you could setup WinVice multiple times with each rom type and use the Rom Filter to your advantage. You would then use Emulator Groups to combine them all into one list.

However, i believe i switched to to GameBase for this very reason - once GB is up and running then it's easy to integrate into GameEx. If you're not aware GE has plug-in GameBase support :)

Likely though you will probably get better support from people who still run these systems. I just like to give options :D

thanks dazzle I have been thinking about checking into gamebase just haven't got around to it. gameex just has so many great options its hard to figure out where to go next. I did manage to finally get this to run other than cart images by setting winvice up again with rom filter and default command line. I would like to enable warp mode but tried that before and after rompath/romfilter but doesn't seem to work. the command is alt+w but needs to launch after game is open I can always hit it on the keyboard. I can send keys just have to figure out the time to set it at so resolved, thanks

I have been thinking about checking into gamebase just haven't got around to it.

I know the feeling, and normally i wouldn't openly advertise third party software like this - but GameBase does an outstanding job when it comes to the old school micro stuff like C64, ZX, CPC etc which is why i think that Tom included the plug 'n' play option to begin with. Without GameBase, these systems can be a major pain in the ass :D Trust me when i say many have tried.

I did manage to finally get this to run other than cart images by setting winvice up again with rom filter and default command line. only need to change command line for running carts, so resolved, thanks

No problem, but if you need more help then go ahead and open a new thread - we encourage it here! Micro systems are the hardest to get to grips with, so if you need anything, you know where to go ;)