All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Ledblinky plugin freezes CP, (revisiting an old nightmare) VIDEO ADDED

aldub516

Video of problem: http://youtu.be/oshOS9paVV0

Back in december i had a problem with my control panel crashing.

that fiasco can be seen here http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/15592-resolved-cp-buttons-become-unresponsive-after-a-few-minutes-in-gameex/page-2

The following is the email i sent to arzoo, i just copied it since it explains my problem properly. His only advice was to update my ipac firmware, which is already up to date, and a few other small tricks. But thus far, i dont seem to have a solution for this problem.

I will try to explain my situation as best as i can

My Control panel is set up as follows
2 players-6 buttons on each side plus joysticks
Misc admin and play buttons at the top
trackball
spinner
They are all hooked up through a single ultimarc ultimate IO interface.
My problem started in december. Out of no where, while running my gameex front end, i started to experience various problems with my control panel. While scrolling through games, wether with joysticks or spinner/trackball, my menu and panel would eventually either completely freeze, or get stuck in a command, for example, if i kept hitting down joystick or held it down, eventually down would get stuck and just go to the end of the list and id lose complete control. Even with my keyboard i cannot do anything, gameex loses all control from my panel. When i unplugged my panel, id gain control of gameex again and all the lag and crazyness would just clear up. It happened at various intervals with various controls. Sometimes just a quick scroll with the spinner would freeze, or sometimes i can scroll for a minute or 2. After endless trouble shooting, i just uninstalled gameex and reinstalled a new version, which fixed the mystery problem. Fast forward, i realized that i never knew about the gameex plugin manager, and thus no matter what i did to led blinky, i never disabled it in the plugin manager. Thats why it corrected itself upon re- install. So i now know for sure, that this problem happens only when my ledblinky plugin is enabled in gameex. It worked fine for a few weeks now, and out of no where, the other day it started freezing again. Ive deleted and re copied the files, and no matter what, it crashes gameex. When disabled, my gameex and everything works completely fine! I wanted to know what could possibly be causing this? In some instances when the problems begin, my control panel disconnects itself from my pc. Ill hear the disconnect sound and it will show that there was a usb problem in my desktop tray, sometimes not. In any situation though, i have to disconnect the usb plug, which then clears up the issues. So even if its showing as disconnected, its not until i physically remove the usb that everything corrects itself. Could there be some sort of conflict with my led settings that is confusing ledblinky to hell?
Example of steps:
start gameex
led blinky begins with set animations
begin scrolling list for xx amount of time with xx control
menu freezes, leds all freeze, all control lost with CP or keyboard
unplug cp
re gain control, use keyboard to exit out of gameex
please let me know if theres anything i can do. This is the last step i really need to conquer in my quest. Id hate to not be able to use it after becoming a member, it works great when it works for me!
thanks in advance