All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] VP10

unclewilly

Not really sure where to post this.

vp10 is about to go into beta phase and soon after will have its first release.

not sure how to add this to pinballx.

the new exe has seperate registry settings and the tables have there own file extension .vpx

when i try to add it to the front end as system type visual pinball it errors out as i think it is trying to find a vpt file,

not sure at all how to add it as a custom system.

if tom happens to read this and would like to have a look at the program and a table to get it running in the front end. i'd be more then happy to supply it. i'm one of the testers and we'd like to get it squared away in the front end before the public beta releases.

-unclewilly

• Like 3

Hmm, makes sense to me. Now that I run a custom resolution for my DMD screen just for VPM and have to deal with competing registry entries for physmod2 and v991, I have to launch all these executables along with scripts anyway. Now I can work on unifying all that. Thanks!

Outhere,

What exactly is the problem? Does the table not launch? Can you launch the table outside of PBX?

I setup VPX in about 5 minutes on my test rig with the Papa Smurf table. I placed the table and the new vbs scripts in my x:\Vpinball\tables folder and the vpinballx in my x:\vpinball folder.

I then added VPX as a custom system:

[system_11]
Name=VPinball 10
WorkingPath=F:\VPinball
TablePath=F:\VPinball\Tables
Executable=VPinballX.exe
Parameters=/play -"[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]"
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=
LaunchAfterExecutable=
Enabled=True
SystemType=1
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=
LaunchBeforeExecutable=
LaunchBeforeParameters=
LaunchBeforeEnabled=False
LaunchAfterEnabled=False

and lastly created an x:\pinballx\databases\VPinball 10\VPinball 10.xml

Z

• Like 1

The Papa Smurf table works perfect with visual pinball 10 all by itself....
Pinballx sees the game you hit enter and the only thing that comes up is the load screen, Pinballx works great with visual pinball 990

[system_3]
Name=Vpinball 10
WorkingPath=E:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball
TablePath=E:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\Tables
Executable=vpinballx.exe
Parameters=/play -"[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]"
Enabled=True

Hmmm, couple thing to try:

- Is your vpinballx.exe set to run as admin.

- When it's sitting at the load screen can you alt-tab to see if there is an error behind the load screen

- Is your .xml file correct

Z