All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Wheel images disappear in 1.94

mountainman

Just upgraded from 1.92 to 1.94 and also downloaded the Shark Codecs.

I currently have 26 tables loaded but now only 5-8 of the wheel images show up. Once you get to the end of the main table menu (scrolling right or left) the wheel images stop. If you hang out for several seconds they start appearing slowly and only 3-4 at a time. You can still scroll through the "blank" wheel images/tables and select them to play, you just don't know what they are since the wheel images are gone.

Didn't have this issue before the Shark codecs and 1.94 upgrade. Worked fine with default windows Codes and 1.92

I'm running VP 9.9.1 on Win7.

My GPU is a NVIDIA GT730 with 1GB of DDR3 memory pushing 3 separate screens.

Thoughts?

UPDATE: I uninstalled the Shark 007 Advanced Codecs and all works fine now. I was using the Shark Advanced Codec not the Standard because that is what the download link is on the 1.94 Download page.

I assume that the Windows Drivers and Shark Codecs were stepping on each other.

Welcome to the Pinball X forums!

Are you running the standard codecs found here ?

Previous to downloading the shark codecs, did the Windows codecs work with 1.94, or is that what prompted you to grab the shark codecs. <edit> seems to me like downloading the shark codecs was an attempt to fix the problem after the 1.94 upgrade?

Aside from that, you should check out the help thread for the files that will give everyone a peak into whats going on.

Glad you got things back up and running, and thanks for posting as such :)

As for the codecs, It really shouldn't matter, but thanks for pointing out that the advanced ones are in the cleaned up version you downloaded.

The Shark codecs have just gone through some updates, and it could be that version isn't the most recent, but don't quote me on that. I'll be sure to mention it though.

I asked this question myself back a month or so ago, and Tom indicates that the standard 32 bit is all that required. He also mentioned that while the Windows versions worked, LAV was better.