All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

What do you have your cabinet desktop background set to?

nebrunner

There is a bit of a loading time before PinballX screen shows up, during this time I get to look at my win7 desktop. I'd like to set it up to show some cool pinball related graphic or theme but I'm not very creative.

What have you guys done to trick yours out? Have you gone as far as trying to edit or change the windows loading graphic and sound or do you leave that part alone?

I have my play field set to a picture of the inside of an EM table (wires, solenoids, raw wood) and the back glass to the inside of an EM back glass. Had to fiddle with the pics a bit to correct perspective but it creates a cool effect that lasts a couple of seconds before the PBX vid kicks off.

-Ron

• Like 2

I have my play field set to a picture of the inside of an EM table (wires, solenoids, raw wood) and the back glass to the inside of an EM back glass. Had to fiddle with the pics a bit to correct perspective but it creates a cool effect that lasts a couple of seconds before the PBX vid kicks off.

-Ron

This sounds awesome, can you post a pic for us to see?

• 3 weeks later...

-Ron

That sounds great, would you mind sharing the images please ?
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, been away from the boards for a bit. I snagged my background images from the Internet Pinball database site's pictures of various machine's innards. If you browse through them, you'll see there are quite a few to choose from. To create the actual background image, you'll need to determine the dimensions and layout of your screens - as the background is a single graphic that is shown across all your screens. For me, the playfield is the primary screen and that image needed to be horizontal. Then I needed to add the backglass image to the left of the playfield image and rotated 90 degrees. I've no idea how to post a picture to this forum (seems to prefer I place the image elsewhere and link to it - but then the linked file eventually disappears leaving a dead link).

-Ron

great idea, radical. I just have a picture of a building since I am in the testing phases...but at the end I might create a PBX specific Windows Profile and steal your idea. :)