All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] 14.02 Unable to see "Get MetaData" option

u-man

This release introduces a fully relational movie database module. With full navigation and data for actors, directors, ratings, genres, years and collections.

To use the new feature ensure your movie paths only point to your movies and select 'Get MetaData" within GameEx.

This release is with special thanks and uses tmdb.org.

View the full article

where is this "Get MetaData"? cant find it in GameEx.... is it maybe in the setupwizard? but also there, i cant find it. :/ want this badly :)

and is this metadata somewhere stored? where?

anyway thank you

@u-man. It should be the first menu item in videos or movies within GameEx.

sadly no :( .... play all, play randomly, change view, back, home, quit..... thats all, but I got the categories like title, rating, etc.

oh my luck again.... :)

Hi U-man

I actually do see the Get Metadata option under my Movies menu. Have you double checked that your your movies path points only to the directory containing your movies? By what method did you update GameEx? I suppose if we take this conversation much further we should start a new thread. (Unfortunately I'm on Tapatalk right now).

Edit:
Maybe it's related to the Theme you're using?

Hello Gentleman,

as my topic-title allready says, i have problems with the "Get Metadata" function. It doesnt appear in my menue-list.

I have more than one moviepathes and i see my movies all listed but no description, no artwork, no metadata. I tried the default - default theme... no luck.

I tried also just one moviepath on a external drive. The menue shows just: play all, play randomly, change view, back, home, quit.....

thats all, but I got the categories like titles, actors, rating, etc.

In the setupwizard, i see the "Get Metadata" textbox in the custom-text section, but thats all.

I did a automatic update, so maybe it could get better, if I try the standalone version.

Any help is welcome... greets u-man

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Go to "HTPC/Multimedia" settings and make sure that "Enable Movie Database" is set to "Yes." Restart GameEx (unless you are using the integrated Configuration and then GameEx will restart).

Next, go to Movies under Multimedia. You should now see a "Get Meta Data" option in the Menu bar. Click on it and afterwards, report back.

P.S. The "Get Meta Data" option also appears in the Menu Bar for Jukebox as well.

• Like 1

the master has spoken and..... he was right :D .

yup, works now.... big thanks at this point. still got two questions :) :

1. where is the metadata stored?

2. any chances for subtitle support?

anyway, this thread can be considered "resolved"

Great improvement, considering that GameEx is a Frontend, I would say equally good. XBMC has the advantage to choose from different Database sources i.e. Imdb, Tmdb, TVdb etc. that way you earn more matches with your library. I allready have some movietitles that will be blank, cause they are not featured by Tmdb. Also a nice feature is to use the media-librarys from different TV-stations and get them well and nice presented. If the X-Box could handle HDTV it would be my first option for a HTPC. Hook up a W-LAN repeater and you have a seriously nice media and gaming center for cheap money AND unbeatable native 15khz Retro support. I was really impressed how well it suits at my girlsfriend home CRT-TV and I am considering buying a second one for my own.

But this new feature is a real bummer, if we make some nice themes that cover especially the media-library it can be a even greater thing. So far, I can say it is very nice, still room left for even getting better. I need to check it further, to make a good statement and if something is missing or not. Comparing the PC version of XBMC and GameEx, I would say equally strong/good. Off course, i like GameEx more, because it has the main focus on games, which XBMC cant beat in no way.