All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Not listing Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition in Steam Games

UNFORGIVEN II

Have you tried deleting the cache file EMU_1002.dbcacheini for Steam? It will be located in the C:\GameEx\DATA folder. Try it and restart GameEx. The cache file will rebuild once GameEx has connected with Steam.

I had tried that right after your first suggestion as well and still no luck. Thank you. For some reason it just doesn't see the game. I had this problem before and manually entered the game/s but for some reason that doesn't work now either. Hopefully we can figure something out.

Did you change the installation path after you installed it? I've had similar issues after moving my steam library to the nas.

Interestingly, I've recently encountered a similar issue with Richard and Alice not popping up in my GameEx list after having installed it from Steam. I've not taken a full accounting to see if I'm missing anything else, but I'm wondering if there's been yet another update to the Steam client altering the way it parses your Steam library (and by virtue of that fact had an impact to GameEx as well).

Also just putting this out there - do you actually own Injustice: Ultimate? Just recently Steam gave it away as a "free weekender", of which i too installed it to try it out. But Steam marks these kinds of games as something other than purchased/played/owned. I'm not sure how yet but there is something with these "free weekend" titles that they don't behave right ^_^

but I'm wondering if there's been yet another update to the Steam client altering the way it parses your Steam library (and by virtue of that fact had an impact to GameEx as well).

In fact there has been - Yesterday/Today. Tom will likely need to figure out what they did as usual and update the GX client too :wacko:

I am attaching my steamdata.ini as a point of comparison. steamdata.ini

2 things that immediately stand out are the file paths are different (your log file shows \\ between folders in the path whereas mine show only \, and the other is that yours displays the developer while mine does not. There are probably some other differences, but I did not take the time to go further into depth on my review.

Keep in mind I am running 14.02 so I would recommend deleting the steamdata.ini and cache file again, then manually downloading/installing GameEx 14.02 (your log.txt file shows you are running 14.01) and see if it clears up.

I do not think there has been an api update as all 75 games show that I own.

The "double slashes" seem to indicate a default installation path - if you look at UNFORGIVEN's path's, they are all default Steam installations, and have the double-slashes, however, with mine and yours, only the singular slashes, coz we both have our Steam libraries installed on specific drives, in specific directories. I'd like to see some other steamdata.ini's to confirm but this is my hunch.

Here's mine:

steamdata.ini

Hi UNFORGIVEN II

Hey this is a terrible question, but I haven't seen it specifically referenced in the thread. Have you launched Injustice outside of GameEx prior to looking for it in GameEx? That's what I had to do with Richard and Alice to finally get it to appear in my GameEx list. I have had it happen before where games are immediately propagated to my GameEx list upon installation, but other times I actually have to run and configure the game outside of GameEx first. I feel silly for asking (and even worse for having neglected to do it myself), but there you go. :unsure:

I am at a loss at the moment. It is interesting that it is showing all but that one. I wonder if the Steam assigned app number has changed from when it was originally installed?

I'm still betting a Steam update broke it.

When did you initially install it?

Could be nothing past that date is updating. I have a few I can try from a bundle I bought Friday to be sure but it'll be a while before I can confirm that.

• 4 months later...

HI - It has been a long while since you last posted in this thread (January 20)and several updates to GameEx have occured. Please perform the following tasks:

- Update your installation of GameEx to the current version

- Clear the your cache files

- Report back with updated copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files

- Provide a complete list of your Steam games library

- List all 9 games that are not showing

Thanks!

Draco1962 I did as instructed, I cleared the cache files and nothing changed. Here is my .ini and .txt files. I also noticed (after DT Lite update) that PCE CD and Saturn no longer load as well. Meaning, launching games goes to infinite black screen and nothing else. It was working perfectly before this. The only reason I updated was for the upcoming Windows 10 update reported a conflict.

Not Listing

Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition

Star Wars: Battlefront II

Star Wars: Dark Forces

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Star Wars: Starfighter

Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic II

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition

Listing as Demo (Not a Demo, the full game)

Serious Sam HD: Second Edition

log.txt

GameEx.ini