All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Not listing Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition in Steam Games

UNFORGIVEN II

The first thing I notice going through your latest log.txt file (and to a lesser extent within your original file):

Invalid or filtered path:

This is littered throughout your Steam entries in the log. I think the error is within your Steam setup itself. You will not like my recommendation, but likely you will need to uninstall/reinstall Steam and your programs to remedy this issue.

Not to cross threads or anything, but regarding your DaemonTools issue you'll also probably want to take a look at this thread:

Anyone else having problems with the new Daemon Tools Lite?

I hate to say it but DaemonTools has kinda gone completely off the rails with their latest updates. I'm not even sure I can confidently recommend it as the 'go-to' virtual drive for emulation any more. :(

The first thing I notice going through your latest log.txt file (and to a lesser extent within your original file):

Invalid or filtered path:

This is littered throughout your Steam entries in the log. I think the error is within your Steam setup itself. You will not like my recommendation, but likely you will need to uninstall/reinstall Steam and your programs to remedy this issue.

OK Draco1962, I uninstalled everything and started downloading again. Should be done by morning. I'll post my results when its done. Thank you for your help.

Not to cross threads or anything, but regarding your DaemonTools issue you'll also probably want to take a look at this thread:

Anyone else having problems with the new Daemon Tools Lite?

I hate to say it but DaemonTools has kinda gone completely off the rails with their latest updates. I'm not even sure I can confidently recommend it as the 'go-to' virtual drive for emulation any more. :(

What do I do now...? I've tried Magic Iso and Clone Drive, havent had much luck there.

After 12hrs of re-downloading my games and a clean install of Steam, I am still missing 8 games from the list and Serious Sam SE is still being listed as a demo, which it is most definately not. Thank you in advance.

The Missing games:

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY

Batman: Arkham City GOTY

Batman: Arkham Origins

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition

Left4Dead

Orion: Prelude

Serious Sam 2

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Looks like the list changed a little from previous. As for Serious Sam SE, likely this is due to metadata being passed by Steam and not a GameEX issue proper.

Edit: I looked at the log.txt and still the same error occurs regarding the Steam path. Can you confirm that you Steam.exe is set to run as administrator? If not, change the properties to do so, clear the cache, then run GameEx again. Thanks.

Can you uninstall a few of the games not showing in the list and install them to somewhere other than the Steam directory under Program Files (x86)? To the root drive or another drive? I am unable to replicate this issue, but I suspect the default folder is suspect as that is normally a protected folder. It may not work, but worth a shot and, if it does work, then it is gives the authors something to work with.

@Staff - I've noticed this happens when you have a pre-existing Steam library, on a separate partition (in other words NOT at the default location).

GameEx will pick up any NEW installations from said partition, but not any games that already exist. My hunch is that GameEx is not monitoring the Steam "Scan Library Protocol" in which when you install Steam, you can point it to an existing library/directory, and steam will (scan and) add all games. These very games will not show up in GameEx. Yet use he same directory to install a "new" game and voila - it appears.

You can test this quite easily if you keep your Steam collection on a separate partition:

Uninstall Steam

Uninstall GameEx

Reinstall Steam and point it to your existing Library

Let it scan your library and note that most games will be playable right from the start.

Re-Install GameEx, enable Steam Support

See what i mean? Admittedly only people with huge libraries will notice.

Now, install a new game that wasn't in your library to begin with (ie not on your partition) but install it to the same location as your existing library... GameEx picks it up, doesn't it? :)

This means in my eyes, and i am so far from clever it's comical, that Valve altered the way it monitors installs at some point, and we should try to nail when and where :P

• Like 1

I had this issue when I moved my Steam library to the NAS. I had to:

1. Uninstall Steam and games

2. Clean up the registry

3. Run GameEx without Steam

4. Reinstall Steam

5. Point it at the new library location

6. Install games again

7. Run GameEx

Then all my games worked. It's documented somewhere around here.

It was a pain in the ass but I hadn't had an issue since.

I find it interesting that his list of games changed a bit. I have about 94 games split across 2 partitions and no issues. I have also uninstalled a few games and reinstalled them to a different partition from original and no ill effects in listing them, without having to uninstalling Steam or GameEx. *shrugs*

That is strange indeed - May be it's an OS thing then? I've done this 3-4 times and every time only new installs get recognised by GameEx.

All games will always get picked up by GameEx in the default location though.

W7 64bit

Steam on separate partition from OS

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Unforgiven,

I believe that there is still an issue on Tom's Radar regarding some games not being displayed for large lists (above 110 or so). This recent thread sounds similar to your 'missing games' issue:
http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/17676-steam-stopped-adding-new-games/#comment-156112

As for the 'advertisments', please try deleting the steam cache and map file again to see if GameEx rebuilds the files properly:
- Delete EMU_1002.dbcacheini from the DATA folder
- Delete gameex_[PC] Valve Steam.map from the DATA folder
- Run GameEx and enter the Steam module

If that does not clear the odd entries, please grab the log.txt file before entering GameEx again and post it. Perhaps it captured something from the file build that might be helpful.

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, RedDog said:

Hi Unforgiven,

I believe that there is still an issue on Tom's Radar regarding some games not being displayed for large lists (above 110 or so). This recent thread sounds similar to your 'missing games' issue:
http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/17676-steam-stopped-adding-new-games/#comment-156112

As for the 'advertisments', please try deleting the steam cache and map file again to see if GameEx rebuilds the files properly:
- Delete EMU_1002.dbcacheini from the DATA folder
- Delete gameex_[PC] Valve Steam.map from the DATA folder
- Run GameEx and enter the Steam module

If that does not clear the odd entries, please grab the log.txt file before entering GameEx again and post it. Perhaps it captured something from the file build that might be helpful.

Thanks!

Those aren't adverts they are just oddly titled. I did as you said and nothing changed. Here is my log. Thank you very much.

log.txt

OK, I came across a post for a similar issue that I did not come across before when I did my searching.

It looks like GameEx is displaying the data that Steam is providing. Not much can be done unless you want to manually edit the steamdata.ini file as the post indicates.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parka1300 said:

Yeah, editing the "steamdata.ini" file in the DATA folder is the thing to do for changing the "Save 75% off Postal 2" type Steam titles. I can't be much help with the missing games though as I use GameEx to launch Steam Big Picture Mode nowadays.

Yeah I edited the ini already. That is a great idea about Big Picture. I don't know why I hadn't considered it. Thank you.