All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Netflix not working?

trogdor7

I'm trying to use the Netflix option under Multimedia, but when I select it, it tries to load for a couple of seconds then comes up with a "- NO VIDEOS FOUND -" screen. It was working around late November/early December when I had first installed GameEx on my computer and was testing it out, but now it appears there's something broken... help is much appreciated :)

EDIT... just realized I posted this in the wrong Support forum. If it can get moved or deleted so I can put it in the correct place, that'd be good

I believe so. I know we're planning to cease Netflix support because they are ditching their API. It will likely be removed next version due to that. I wish i had the hard date handy, but it was early 2015 for sure.

Yeah Netflix discontinued their 3rd party API. That means things like their RSS feeds, and listings are unavailable for people to write plugins and apps for. Kinda bummed about it because the ones built into our BluRay players all suck, and the MediaBrowser boys were working on a really great plugin but had to give up on it. The only options available now are the officially licensed Netflix apps. One thing you can do though, is use GameEx's built in web browser and just point a link to their website. You could also configure a random emulator page for it.

Is there a way to add netflix as an external application that would show up under the "more games & programs" menu in GameEx? I'm trying to figure out how to make GameEx start the Windows 8 metro app for Netflix that I downloaded from the windows store. I can't figure out the correct paths and such. Is this possible?

You can probably add it as a website via Setup Wizard, but as for the integrated support, Netflix halted 3rd party api support in lieu of deals with Smart TV and device manufactures.

• 2 weeks later...

You can setup the Win 8 store Netflix app using a shortcut via Stardock's ModernMix and have GameEx launch it as an external application. A matter of fact you can do that with any Win 8 Store apps or games.

ModernMix is the only program I know of that allows you to create desktop shortcuts to any Win 8 Store app then you can move them to any folder that you want and have them run fullscreen or windowed.