All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Game ex online guide

evertonian7uk

Just to be clear on something, it does not remotely stream games to the web browser if that is what you were thinking.

I thought from the "Play" button, it would stream the emulator window to my browser. Maybe the play button and feature list needs to more clear.

• Browse and play your game library.

That part isn't very clear on the online.gameex.com page. I read that as "browse play your game library from online.gameex.com". Maybe better text would be "Use any browser to browse & launch games within GameEx". Just an idea.

Also in the video it shows under a game's page that it says "Play this game", which makes me think "I can play this game right here". Maybe "Launch this game" would again be clearer? I don't know about that one though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm stuggling to understand what the main purpose of GameEx Online is other than to make GameEx more social (sharing stats, recommended games, etc.). I think the ability to configure GameEx remotely is interesting, but I'm not understanding why I'd want to do that.... Unless it is designed so that you can setup a dead simple cabinet with only basic controls which would leave you basically unable to configure it without plugging in a mouse/keyboard. Is that is the purpose?

Also, I can't figure out how to setup GameEx Online... is there a guide? I input my username/password into GameEx setup, I've launched GamedEx and now I'm logged into GameEx Online with my browser but it says "No Games Found".

There's not a great deal involved setting it up, and DazzleHP covers it well in this post

Uses:

Streaming media to other devices on your network

Configure your cabinent without standing in front of it. Something I find extremely useful, much easier from a desk and chair that hovering over your control panel.

Invite someone to review, and correct configurations remotely.

You GameEx rig must be online to browse and switch between games. You should be able to freely move throughout your game collection, and launch, close, adjust volume.

• Like 2

Uses:

Just a minor correction to this aspect. GameEx Online streams your media over the internet rather than over your LAN. So long as your GameEx machine is running, you can stream your media anywhere in the world (assuming you have an available internet connection). To my mind this aspect is huge. To put that in perspective, a Plex Pass, which allows you to do something similar, is going to cost you $149.99(!) USD for a lifetime license.

• Like 3

There's not a great deal involved setting it up, and DazzleHP covers it well in this post

Uses:

Configure your cabinent without standing in front of it. Something I find extremely useful, much easier from a desk and chair that hovering over your control panel.

Invite someone to review, and correct configurations remotely.

You GameEx rig must be online to browse and switch between games. You should be able to freely move throughout your game collection, and launch, close, adjust volume.

Thanks, yeah I've done all of those steps. Is it not working because I haven't purchased Evolution yet? I just came across this post:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/15645-resolved-help-with-online-gamecard-feature/?p=136278

But that post seems to conflict with this post:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/14961-news-forum-and-registration-updates/?p=128653

which says "The good news is, is if you have a valid gameex registration regardless of when you got it you get the online upgrade for free."