All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pause / in Game looses focus- no game start

mpad

Hi. When reporting a possible bug or error, please submit a copy of the following files so we may quickly assist you: pinballx.ini and log.txt (Click here for additional information on how to find these files and others that may be required).

• 2 weeks later...

I had this issue .. best to turn off the default keys (checkbox) in key preferences in VP .. then you can see and set exactly what each key does in VP and avoid any conflicts. I had a conflict with the default pause key exiting right out of vp if held for a couple seconds.

i did all that but there is no default "pause" key in VP, or at least you can't see it anywhere in the settings? is it p? how the heck should one know (yes of course:rtfm)

it is hard enough to keep track of all the keys and key mappings if you have 4 pinball softwares, xpadder, x360ce and pinballx running. and that does not include secret hidden keymapping.

I have the puase function in PinballX mapped to "U" and the joy button is definetly not used by anything else.

it stll looses focus after returning from pause and I can't start a game. when i klick on the game window it works again.

note that this all happens before a game is started.

edit:

same applies if I let go of the exit emulator key before the timer is over, can't get back into game befor I do a mouse klick on the display

edit2:

I found out that no matter what keyboard key I assign to the ingame puse function it won't do anything. it only takes the corresponding joy input?

does anybody use the pause with a keyboard / ipac / xpadder?

OK I found the issue:

it is sweetFX !!!

it makes the tables look so nice, but obviously it is creating some sort of fuss with pinballX interface, because it is listening for keyboard inputs. pfffffff.

I removed all sweetFX files and game now regains focus after ingame/pause.

can anybody confirm or did anybody use sweetFX and not run into this problem?

still won't pause at keyboard input, only joypad.
is this intentional to avoid conflicts?