All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Just a little tinkering

Draco1962

I have a concept for a theme (two themes actuially) based upon Star Wars - one for the Rebels and the other for the Empire. Nothing real huge in size and rather basic really.

Anyways, playing a bit after reading a tutorial on how to create a Star Wars introduction video using Windows Movie Maker 2.6, I tossed this together.

Thinking as the intro vid as GameEx is loading.

• Like 2

Awesome! Of course, after an intro like that the theme would need to be balls-out over the top Star-Wars-y! With sound effects, animations - the lot :D

In my fantasies i am imagining a dedicated Star Wars cab, that has literally every Star Wars title ever created on it - the good and the bad! With a crazy control panel designed to control all vehicles, characters and menus with many many LED's ^_^ It's healthy to dream - right?!

One miniscule criticism if i may - i would make the text just slightly yellower/more saturated, but only slightly though :ph34r:

I agree about the yellow. I went with the online tutorial I found. Here is the link I followed just in case anyone has a similar idea for a theme of their own. I want to keep the backgrounds pretty basic and uniform throughout both themes, however, each will be unique in color schemes and sounds.

For example, I would like to try to make the selector bars from light sabers (with a slight brightening and dimming effect and green for Luke's lightsaber for the Rebel theme and red for Vaders in the Empire theme, Selection sounds might be include sound bites from their respective lightsabers activation, R2-D2 sounds, TIE Fighter ion cannon, etc.

I found Movie Maker 2.6 (which came with Vista) to be a bit buggy on WIndows 8.1, but it offers many more effects than later versions.

It will likely be just a wallpaper with the respective emblems. Nothing that dates the themes to a specific chronology by having certain ships or characters. So probably best to say influenced by the franchise. They will also be in a 16:9 (1920x1080) setting more for HTPC. Right now I am just toying with some effects & ideas and haven't committed to doing the themes as of yet.