All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Question - GameEx adding coin on startup?

Sebastian1314

Hi guys, hope you all are having an awesome day! I had a quick question to ask; I tested my self-compiled version (no modifications other than the high score diff file) of Mame64 and it works like a charm, but when I boot specific games with GameEx (I've noticed it in Centipede and Donkey Kong so far) it seems to add a coin after about half a second. I tried changing my Coin1 value from 5 to 9 and disconnected my keyboards and it still happens. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Not knowing much else about your rig or PC if not a cab setup, this might be tough to figure out. I don't think it is a GameEx issue to be honest. Do you have any other input devices that you did not disconnect, such as a gamepad or a CP?

You might also disable the Bypass Disclaimer/Warnings setting in GameEx in case sending OKOKOKOK is what's causing the problem. If you have a self compiled version anyway there shouldn't be a need for that feature.