All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[NEWS] GameEx 14

Tom Speirs

GameEx version 14

• GameEx Online, part of GameEx Evolution.
  • For those eligible to a free upgrade to GameEx Evolution.
  • Access at http://online.gameex.com from any device anywhere with no configuration required.
  • Browse all your games by genre, company, decade and more.
  • Launch and exit your games in GameEx from and device.
  • View your favourites, the same game on other systems or have GameEx Online recommend new games for you that are popular with other users.
  • Shutdown and control volume and exit and start GameEx.
  • . Full online Setup Wizard â completely configure GameEx and apply and restart.
  • Game cards and social media posting.
  • List management and database and rating editing coming soon.
  • Remotely stream all your videos, music and ebooks to any device at any location with no router configuration required.
  • Request remote assistance and send invitations to others to help and gain access.
  • This is a complete server solution. No router or firewall configuration required.
  • Access from Hong Kong, New York, or Timbuktu.
  • The future and will be in active development. Expect more features soon.
  • New GameEx Databases thanks to Flash:
    • Total rebuild of ScummVM database, now complete as of V1.7, to support the new ScummVMDC tool.
    • New ScummVM config creator included with install.
    • Rebuild of NES database, though needs a lot of manual editing.
    • Rebuild of VCS database.
    • Massive work on SNES database.
    • All other databases have had large updates and changes.
    • Additional databases added for many other previously un-listed systems.
  • New www.gameex.com completely redesigned.

View the full article

• Like 10

I hate it when all the people in the 3rd seat of every row has detention. :)

"What you're smelling is food, and that thing is a burger. "

One thing I noticed is the plugins haven't been updated with this release.

Tom's emphasis for this major update were the items he mentioned. If you require any updates to specific plugins, please refer to the respective Plugins threads in the User Projects forum. It is possible that some were not in a ready state to be included with this release. Essential plugin updates will likely be resumed in subsequent releases.

Also in re Krakerman's comment: I always have the most recent versions available on my plugin downloader utility. It should be easy to update them there until i bundle a release for Tom with all the changes I've been making lately.

I was just mentioning/observing guys mainly for the noobs ... just like Adultry mentioned they can use the Plugin Downloader to update their plugins to the latest. QuickLaunch was still 1.06 and the latest is 1.08 so as Draco mentioned you guys can look over in the User Projects forums as well as the GameEx forums download section too. I realize Tom didn't mention the plugins but if anyone is new to GameEx they might assume they were the latest.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Thank you all very much for this update. I have been enjoying this frontend for the past couple of months as-is and the updates just make it better. I definitely appreciate greatflash's database updates. Tom, you and your team are killin' it!!

Question #1

Did I miss something because I can't access the online setup wizard which probably has something to do with the fact that my status is "Currently Offline". I have enabled GameEx Online in the setup wizard application and filled in the user/password info already. On GameEx Online it recognizes my pc specs but the status remains offline...idk.

Question #2

Cards. Where and how exactly? Don't know if it's a plugin or what really but it seems like a must have.

Thank you all very much for this update. I have been enjoying this frontend for the past couple of months as-is and the updates just make it better. I definitely appreciate greatflash's database updates. Tom, you and your team are killin' it!!
Question #1
Did I miss something because I can't access the online setup wizard which probably has something to do with the fact that my status is "Currently Offline". I have enabled GameEx Online in the setup wizard application and filled in the user/password info already. On GameEx Online it recognizes my pc specs but the status remains offline...idk.
Question #2
Cards. Where and how exactly? Don't know if it's a plugin or what really but it seems like a must have.

Hi Zero!!

I think you only can access to Gameex online setup wizard when you are in Gameex.

This option is to control your Gameex installation with another computer or something that can connect to internet (mobile, smartTV, etc...)

Enter to your Gameex, and try to enter online.gameex.com with another computer or mobile phone.

The card is on your personal page inside gameex online site. Check it.

• Like 1

Yep, just to clarify; in this situation you can consider GameEx as the server application in terms of accessing your information through GameEx Online. In other words if your "server" (i.e. GameEx) isn't running you can't access any information on the server (i.e GameEx).

Well sorted gents!

• Like 2