All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Trouble with PSX emulator

CthulhuCrisis

Sorry to bother everyone, love gamex and hope to continue using it, but i've ran into a small problem. My question is about the Rom directory for PSX emulator.

It creates a directory in roms\sony playstation\roms\, but when the "roms" i have are in a folder and contain 3 files; a .img, a .ccd, and another .ccd. If i leave them in a folder for each game, the games show up in the list in gamex but won't open in the emulator, but if I put the raw files in that directory, They open in the emulator but have 3 copies of each game. What is the proper way of putting these files, or do i need them in a different format?

I really like this emulator because it's compatibility is good without alot of setup (usually), but i'm stuck.

post-28099-0-52983400-1418590881_thumb.p

post-28099-0-94950500-1418590881_thumb.p

Hi there, and welcome to the forums!

Firstly you need to figure out which file is the actual disc/image which i am assuming in this case is the .img file then add it to the Rom Filter in Emulator Setup like so: *.img

Then, on the Advanced Emulator Setup page, change Scan Sub Folders to Yes (if you still have them in their own individual folders).

• Like 1

I would leave your disc images in sub folders, for the purposes of organization. Using this method of organization you would change the Scan Sub Folders setting found on the Advanced Emulator Setup screen to Yes. Now we need to address the problem of duplicate entries in your ROM list. We will manage this using the Rom Filter setting found on the Emulator Setup screen. Using the example you gave above you would enter *.img into the Rom Filter screen. For better or worse though it's not uncommon for users to be using several different image formats, so you'll need to analyze whether this is the case for you. Other common disc image formats include *.cue, *.iso, etc.

Edit: Ha, looks like I was back and forth from the keyboard a few too many times. Ninja'd! :ph34r:

• Like 1