All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

"I'm going to try this again.

ExedExes - 311,583"

------------------------------------------------

Wow Exed, great score!

I'm not sure I can break the 300k mark.

I'm curious, did you chose the warp option on the first board, or play straight thru?

Happy New Years!

I'm going to try this again.

ExedExes - 311,583

Wow. That should be a lock for top spot. Thats some mighty fine playing!

Looking forward to the next GOTM! It cant arrive soon enough!!

Happy New Year, playas!!!!

Wow...a lot of quotes :P

I'm going to try this again.

ExedExes - 311,583

Amazing scores ExEx ! Adding 90K to your best score :o ! I wonder if anyone will be able to beat this score before this month's deadline is due...good luck guys :)

oh boy, so it was SO hard to play ROFL too late to beat my own score. but for people playing the trackball romset, you can set analog X inc, dec and analog y inc, dec mapped to your joystick, then on the analog menu choose speed 15 to make it playable :D

Thanks for your advice Helpman :) I'll definitely try this. Perhaps using the ccastlesj ROMSet will no longer be necassary ...at least for me ;)

Wow Exed, great score!

I'm not sure I can break the 300k mark.

I'm curious, did you chose the warp option on the first board, or play straight thru?

Happy New Years!

Good luck trying to beat the 300K mark Jesse and Happy New Years to you to :)

Ahh, silly bear! I never took advantage of the secret warp until today! Hey, if the shoe fits.......

Nice improvement MO !! Close to beating 200K B)

Looking forward to the next GOTM! It cant arrive soon enough!!

Happy New Year, playas!!!!

I really love your enthusiasm playing at our competition :) Thank you MO and Happy New Years to you to :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• Like 1

Nice improvement... I tell you guys what.. You make a man feel bad for not participating, that's for sure. Hopefully once all these holidays are out of the way, and work beings to slow down, I'll have some free time to give these a whirl. Of course, I'm not competitor, so my scores really aren't going to matter much. I just feel out of place in the community, not having any GOTM badges, and only played a handful of our games. It'll come soon, I'm sure. :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

THE WINNER OF DECEMBER'S GOTM ...

ExedExes - 311,583 (link)

With a stunning 311K ExedExes has claimed his 3rd badge of honor ! As our reigning hi-score king he was the only member who was able to beat the 300K and left YJ and MO behind with respectable 200K+ scores !!

A well deserved victory ! You'll receive your victory banner asap and of course you'll be added to our GOTM Winners thread :)

As for the rest of you, it ain't over yet! Although the GOTM has finished you can still compete for a position on this board and earn Leaderboard points. Our regular boards roll forever so take control over Bentley Bear and start collecting those gems !

Good luck,

~HS Team

• Like 2

Thank you all. :D

This time I did use the warp to get to level 3. That only adds 140K to the score. Then from level 3 I got all the way to level 6, where things got a bit too crazy. Keep in mind I have (and still have) the Atari 2600 version and it was probably my favorite game back in the day. Plus, a wireless mouse like I have is just as good as a trackball (although I didn't try helpman's adjustments).

Just remember, the enemies always appear in the same place on each maze. Run through the gem eaters as they eat, defeat Berthilda with the magic hat and get the honey quick before the bees (not tornadoes) become too much.

I am proud to have finally earned my 3rd GOTM title as well as the final one for 2014. I had tough competition this month (it used to be easier to get a GOTM title around here!) but we all push each other to be our best. Good luck in 2015!

• Like 3

Thank you all. :D

This time I did use the warp to get to level 3. That only adds 140K to the score. Then from level 3 I got all the way to level 6, where things got a bit too crazy. Keep in mind I have (and still have) the Atari 2600 version and it was probably my favorite game back in the day. Plus, a wireless mouse like I have is just as good as a trackball (although I didn't try helpman's adjustments).

Just remember, the enemies always appear in the same place on each maze. Run through the gem eaters as they eat, defeat Berthilda with the magic hat and get the honey quick before the bees (not tornadoes) become too much.

I am proud to have finally earned my 3rd GOTM title as well as the final one for 2014. I had tough competition this month (it used to be easier to get a GOTM title around here!) but we all push each other to be our best. Good luck in 2015!

Thanks for sharing ExEx ! I didn't know about needing to get the honey before the bees.....it makes sense though ;)

You deserved to win your third GOTM title and I agree we all push each other to be our best. Even those who perhaps can't beat the top spot score are still challenged to improve their personal best :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I actually had a little help with this game. I used to play it all the time on my Dad's Atari 800. Good times! However, my score isn't near as good as some of you, but that's to be expected! As it stands now, I'm right in the middle, which I'm happy with cause it shows I'm neither good nor bad. :)

Score: 58,612

Initials: HAN

post-569-0-66020100-1423677075_thumb.png

• Like 2

I actually had a little help with this game. I used to play it all the time on my Dad's Atari 800. Good times! However, my score isn't near as good as some of you, but that's to be expected! As it stands now, I'm right in the middle, which I'm happy with cause it shows I'm neither good nor bad. :)

Score: 58,612

Initials: HAN

Pretty nice score Han :) Very cool you have played this game on an Atari 800 B) !!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

No matter how hard I try I cannot beat the score I got at a New Jersey Yestercades. Playing Crystal Castles without THE trackball is like playing Tempest without a dial.

0001.png

I never played this at the arcade but I feel the joystick version seems loose...but maybe that is how it always plays...but I'd like to try it on a rollerball.

No matter how hard I try I cannot beat the score I got at a New Jersey Yestercades. Playing Crystal Castles without THE trackball is like playing Tempest without a dial.

0001.png

Hey Murv ! It's great to see you back competing :)

As for your score, I'm afraid we can't accept it :(...

We were perhaps a bit more indulgent in the past but due to a few issues we ran into with a certain member we unfortunately can no longer accept hi-score submissions without a correct snapshot. There is absolutely no reason to not trust your score but I hope you understand we have to treat each hi-score member the same.

We run a friendly hi-score competition and we don't expect members to record video or submit an INP-file or stuff like that. We do however use snapshots to associate the uploaded image with the hi-score member. I've noticed your correct initials are DLN. So we kindly request you to submit a snapshot of the in-game hi-score table with those initials.

We would also like to ask you to always use 1 credit when playing and submitting a hi-score. With several games adding more credits start you off with more men or allows you to play longer while still keeping your score.

I hope you understand ;)

~ GC / HS Team

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...