All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Happy Thanksgiving!

Draco1962

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! It has been a rough year, but I am thankful to be alive, have my wonderful wife and family, and my friends here. While I may wish at times for material wealth, I find myself to be one wealthy SOB with my family and GameEx homies!

• Like 3

Amen to that! I'm thankful for what I have, not wishing for what I don't. :)

You guys are great, and being a part of this community means a lot to an old recluse like me. B)

• Like 2

Ah yes, Thanksgiving. The day my Canadian friends think we celebrate killing Indians for their food. I corrected them by saying in reality, it celebrates the combining of our Native American friends with that of European Pilgrims in the hopes of surviving a long harsh winter by supporting each other. Of course, the TRUE reason for Thanksgiving is that the country has become so economically unstable that we lost our ability to have wholesome, hearty meals every day like we used to, and now can only afford to do it once a year; so we try to get as much family together as possible so you can make the most out of it, making your dollar stretch as far as possible.

But anyway, I'm just a grumpy guy who had to work during this week in a grocery store deli/bakery and really hate all the last minute shoppers demanding things no longer in stock that they should have gotten last week in advance. Uh, yeah you can't expect to find a non-frozen turkey the day before Thanksgiving, asshat. And you should have bought your brown and serve rolls last time you were here when we had some left, instead of demanding we cook you some when (as I said) we don't have any left. Not to mention we don't have time to go out of our way to do that for you, when we have a line 10 people deep wanting to pick up their dinner orders that THEY intelligently ordered in advance. Idiot people.

I suppose I should follow the annual tradition though, and announce my thanks to everybody... I'm thankful that both of my parents, while no longer married, are still alive. I'm thankful my brother is doing well in his schooling to become a nurses aide, hopefully he'll be the money maker in our family. I'm thankful I have a job, even though it sucks monkey balls. I'm thankful we have a car so I don't have to walk 3 miles to work and 3 miles home again in hot summer weather and freezing winter weather. I'm thankful I have a place to live instead of spending my life under an overpass on the highway inside a cardboard box I may or may not have. I'm thankful for our military who never gets enough credit for keeping our country safe. I'm thankful that my doctor agrees I suffer from depression and is willing to prescribe me medications to help keep me on the level so I don't hurt or kill myself. I'm thankful that when I come home from a long hard day at work, there is a community here at GameEx that I can relax with and share supportive and related conversations with. Thank you.

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

I just read this the other day, and while not an official celebration, I found it interesting regardless.

The NetherlandsMany of the Pilgrims who migrated to the Plymouth Plantation had resided in the city of Leiden from 1609–1620, many of whom had recorded their births, marriages and deaths at the Pieterskerk. To commemorate this, a non-denominational Thanksgiving Day service is held each year on the morning of the American Thanksgiving Day in the Pieterskerk, a Gothic church in Leiden, to commemorate the hospitality the Pilgrims received in Leiden on their way to the New World.[