All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

ePSXe Problems

Lighty

Well basically this is where I'm at. I know for a fact that the .cue files are the ones that need to be run, since i ran the roms through ePSXe alone. Works fine. Then afterwards, I go to GameEX, the rom list looks good since I excluded all files to be shown on the list except for *.cue., I click on a rom, and I get a black screen with a picture of a sony controller in the upper right hand corner. It's the exact same process for the same roms. It works for ePSXe alone, but not through the GameEX menu.

If it helps, my command line to run the emulator looks like this in setup wizard: "ePSXe.exe -nogui[-VIRTUALDRIVE-]"

If a virtual drive is the solution, I'd have no idea where to begin. I don't know how to mount an image, or any of that stuff. If there is another solution, what should I do> If a virtual drive is the best bet, then how do I use it?

log.txt

Lighty, please make a new thread for your ePSXe problems. Also please include all requested supporting documentation (in addition to your log please also include a copy of your GameEx.ini and/or your Emulator config. Please consult the How to Ask For Help thread for details). Not to put too terribly fine of a point on this, but this is the third time in this thread that I've requested you to start a new thread for your own ePSXe problems. ;) It's not an easy emulator to configure, but that doesn't mean everyone experiences the same universal issue(s), and thus we prefer to deal with various user issues on a case be case basis (regardless of emulator really). Thanks! :)

@Lighty. I split out your issue with ePSXe (again). Your issue is quite possibly not the same as the OP of the original thread and needs to be addressed as a separate issue.

Please, when one of our Admins or Moderators asks you to start a new topic, understand that it is usually for a damned good reason. First, it detracts from the OP's (Original Poster) issue, is disruptive, and especially rude when you are being asked repeatedly to start a new thread.

I hate to have to approach you like this, but my team isn't going to beg you to do as we ask. We want to be of help, but if you can't follow a few simple requests (i.e., start a new topic, provide the requested files, etc.) you will see that willingness dry up quicker than a drop of water in the Gobi desert.

1. Please enclose your log files and ini files in spoiler tags like so:

[ spoiler ] please put your stuff in here without the spaces in the tag[ /spoiler ]

Us 'on the go' types don't want to have to scroll through a million word post on our cell phones. ;)

2. I don't think integrated virtualdrive supports bin/cue. If youre actually using damonstools support then you probably need it to be an SCSI drive. If you don't use DT, you should.

There's also a plugin around here somewhere for that, one of the goons around here threw it together using spit and bubble gum for just that situation. :)

Now I have another problem. All my stuff is typed out with spoiler tags, and it won't post. It'll do its "Saving" thing, but then it won't actually post.

UPDATE: Got it working. Hope this is correct.

I think I got'er fixed up for ya. Thanks for jumping through the hoops! :) I got roped into some pre-Thanksgiving house cleaning, so I may have some additional help for you a bit later (I love ya guys, but gots to keep the wife happy! :ph34r:). DaemonTools is great advice. The -loadbin switch doesn't work with cue files IIRC, only bin files. That's why it's a poor way of doing things for multi-track bin images. It's also why the DaemonTools plan is such a bang-up idea.

nullPointer, I'm actually looking into Daemon Tools Lite 4 as we speak to see if it helps. I think I also need a SCSI drive along with it, if my reading was right. Just gotta figure out how to use the thing, since I never worked with this kind of stuff before. Will it help combine the .cue and .bin files into one .bin file, so the command line will work? (assuming that's what I'm supposed to do.)

UPDATE: I tried Daemon Tools, and gave it an SCSI drive. Not having a whole lot of luck. It will burn the 2 rom files together into one image, but it won't allow it to be a .iso, and .bin isn't listed. It only allows you to create images that have the file extensions .mdx and .mds, and .iso is only allowed for one file, not two. Even if you change the file extension of the image after it has been completed, it still doesn't work in ePSXe. .mds and .mdx obviously won't work in ePSXe.......... I am officially lost.

UPDATE: I tried Daemon Tools, and gave it an SCSI drive.

Awesome! You're off to a roaring start! And you figured out how to install the virtual SCSI drive (which is crucial to proper operation of ePSXe). So far so good!

Not having a whole lot of luck. It will burn the 2 rom files together into one image, but it won't allow it to be a .iso, and .bin isn't listed. It only allows you to create images that have the file extensions .mdx and .mds, and .iso is only allowed for one file, not two. Even if you change the file extension of the image after it has been completed, it still doesn't work in ePSXe. .mds and .mdx obviously won't work in ePSXe.......... I am officially lost.

Whoa! Slow down cowboy! Your disc images are most likely just fine the way they are. The whole point of using DaemonTools for this purpose is that it divorces ePSXe from caring whatsoever about the format of the disc. So long as you can load it in DaemonTools (and it's a valid PlayStation disc image), ePSXe could care less about the disc format. We're leaving that part up to DaemonTools, which is more than ready to handle practically any disc image format you can throw at it.

So first, let's try mounting one of your cue files in DaemonTools. Please try the following, and remember to mount the image to your SCSI drive, otherwise ePSXe is going to have a bad time. MmKay?

Alrighty then, have you got that image mounted? Next we'll configure ePSXe to look for your virtual drive when you load up a game.

I mounted the .cue for a rom (which was basically a drag and drop, if I did it right.) Then I went to setup wizard, and where it says [-VIRTUAL DRIVE-] I put [J:] and It didnt work when I loaded up a rom, and I made sure that .cue files were showing in the GameEx rom menu, and also tried it with just .bin files showing in the menu. I know I'm probably getting ahead of myself here lol, but once I drag and drop a .cue into the virtual drive, where do I go from here?

My command line looks like this "ePSXe.exe -nogui[-VIRTUAL DRIVE-]" and my virtual drive is J:

How do I type this out properly?

UPDATE: It only works in ePSXe by itself, when I have one .cue rom mounted to a virtual drive, and I go to ePSXe and hit "run CD rom", but that's as far as I can get. Will I have to do one rom per drive? I need help, lol

UPDATE: Then I tried "Check for CD/DVD" and all it does is say "insert CD" when I click on the rom.

Hmmmmm..... :mellow:

There's also a plugin around here somewhere for that, one of the goons around here threw it together using spit and bubble gum for just that situation. :)

From what I have heard, it also poops rainbow colored unicorn eggs. Might be worth a try...

To stay on topic - I was having similar difficulties, so knocked something together to solve it. Then, in good faith to help out others who may be experiencing difficulties with their setups and to contribute to the community, I spent several weeks trying to (admittedly) polish it so it may be useful to others. I'm not a programmer by trade, so don't expect the world, but shared it open to feedback to try and address any bugs, a position that still stands. Anyways up to you, hoping it may be useful:

https://emvoy.codeplex.com/

Admittedly, I maybe did take this off topic, and thus will restrict any comments to the appropriate thread.

I downloaded emvoy. I'm guessing I was supposed to put the files and folders that were in the zip file into the same C drive directory that has similar named folders (ex: add the stuff in the envoy assets folder to the other game ex assets folder on the C drive, and so on.) Then I double clicked on the envoy program itself, and a bunch of words and code popped up, then disappeared. Then I went into Game EX and tried to launch a PSX rom again...... same result as before. Did I even set everything up right? I looked at the instructions on the website, and found them to be VERY complicated. I don't even know what half the terms mean. I wonder if nullPointer has been reading all this as well.

Sorry its not working out the box for you.

You dont need to move or unzip your zipped roms. As long as your full set are all in one folder somewhere.

I need to sort the documentation to be simpler. Basically, run emvoy and it should prompt you to set up your emulator profiles (basically telling emvoy where your emulaors are) and then your boot profiles (where your roms are and other stuff explained by the wizard).

If you continue to struggle post the log file in the emvoy> logs folder. And ill take a look.

Sorry its not working out the box for you.

You dont need to move or unzip your zipped roms. As long as your full set are all in one folder somewhere.

I need to sort the documentation to be simpler. Basically, run emvoy and it should prompt you to set up your emulator profiles (basically telling emvoy where your emulaors are) and then your boot profiles (where your roms are and other stuff explained by the wizard).

If you continue to struggle post the log file in the emvoy> logs folder. And ill take a look.

That does help to some extent, since I didn't know what "profiles" actually were. I'll give it another whirl and dig into it as soon as I can. Thanks though, I do appreciate the support.

UPDATE: NullPointer and I have been messaging back and forth, and the ePSXe issue is fixed and working. If any moderator would like to mark this as "RESOLVED."