All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] A weird sound problem with mame...

helpman

Hi everybody :D

Although not related to gameex, maybe anybody has any clues about what's going on here...

I'm rebuilding my arcade classics cab, and while I was looking for a 2.1 sound system, I just plugged some cheap speakers.

Mame was ok and smooth, great graphics and sound. (mameui 0.148). sound latency 3, frequency 48000, display at 1024x768@60hz using direct3d with bilinear filtering.

Now I got a subwoofer I could plug my old speakers in (the ones that I had previously on the same cabinet without any problems).

I touched nothing at all, but with the new subwoofer connected I get hiccups and echos on the sound!

The game's speed is ok, it's just a sound problem.

I tried triplebuffer, sync refresh, and almost any option I could think about. I have no idea why just plugin new speakers cause this sound problem :?

Any idea I could try?

EDITED: solved. Just trying at random, but enabling autoframeskip, even as it's not skipping any frames at all, seemed to solve the problem... weeeeeird.