All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Dos Box Game Launcher (DBGL) integration ¿Possible?

Evilforces

Hello everyone !!!

I have a rather large collection of Ms-Dos games with launcher DBGL - >> http://members.quicknet.nl/blankendaalr/dbgl/

I would like to know if anyone has tried to integrate this launcher somehow within GameEx or if it would be possible.

I would like to know if anyone has gotten their integration.

Thank you very much.

What dors it need to be integrated? is it not like an emulator? Does it support command line?

Hi Adultery!!!

DBGL is a frontend to have all the Ms-Dos based games listed. I don't know if support command line. My idea is to have all the games of this frontend integrated in GameEx if it's possible.

If it doesn't support launching games from he command line (and it doesn't appear to from what I can tell), it's going to be significantly more difficult. Some sort of wrapper might not be out of the question, but I'm relatively certain no such thing currently exists for this frontend. I notice that in several places the author of DosBox Game Launcher mentions that it's heavily based on D-Fend Reloaded, which actually is fully compatible with GameEx. Is it an option for you to switch? I think you may be looking at a lot of work trying to integrate DosBox Game Launcher from what I can see. It's another example of trying to integrate a frontend into a frontend.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your reply NullPointer!!!

Yes, it's correct i'm trying to integrate it into Gameex but it seems to be not possible...

I will try the migration to the D-fend launcher to see if it were possible.

Thanks for help!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Charles, problem is i have my entire collection in DBGL launcher and it seems it's not compatible with Gameex.

I'm trying to migrate to another launcher with Gameex compatibility, but there is not documentation about how to do that.

If anybody have some guide to make DBGL compatible with Gameex, please tell me. I readed D-fend reloaded is compatible with Gameex, but the problem is i think is not a easy way to export games from DBGL to D-fend reloaded.

Thanks in advance!!!