All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Losing all configuration data and settings multiple times

WfM

I had been running 12.56 since it came out I'm sure. It's the version on the cloned drive, and I had updating cut off and had not updated it since cloning it.

The problem is, that's the version that was basically blank when I cut the machine on Tuesday for the first time in a few weeks. It was fine a few weeks ago, my cp worked, I had 10 emulators set up and running, etc. I cut it on Tuesday morning and everything was reset: default theme with no others downloaded, no emulators visible or set up, direct input shut off, etc. - basically default settings with nothing installed.

I went ahead and downloaded 13.32 and installed it before reloading everything thinking I might as well update if I had to reinstall everything. It took me a couple of days to get everything installed and tweaked. I cut it off last night and I had everything working in 13.32.

I cut it on this morning and there was nothing there. Default screen, no emulators, nothing set up. Just like a couple of days ago when I cut it on and it had been running 12.56.

Sorry. Yes, when I checked the properties read only was not checked nor was hidden.

OK, then my personal expertise has only one solution left. And it's a somewhat drastic one :P. So i shall leave it to better minds :)

Give 'em time coz these guys have real lives too, and so it might take a while to get a response, but we always get people sorted ;) Be patient and you'll get your answer. Good luck and sorry i couldn't help you as much as i'd have liked.

No problem. I really appreciate all your help. Obviously I have the cloned drive I could swap in, and I don't mind setting things up again, but if there's something to figure out here I'd rather figure it out. if possible.

I don't mind setting things up again, but if there's something to figure out here I'd rather figure it out. if possible.

Actually that was my last suggestion ^_^ Get rid of GameEx completely, including the registry entries, then redownload the latest and start again. Like i said - drastic but worth it in my opinion and i've been at this a while :)

Just a follow up. I uninstalled and ran Malwarebytes and Norton Power Eraser, neither program found anything. I then ran CCleaner and manually deleted everything left I could find. I then reinstalled 13.32 and reconfigured everything. So far everything is fine and I have not lost any settings or had it reset to default over multiple shutdowns and reboots over the last four days.

• Like 3