All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Random comment for the day

MNMax21

Okay, so I have always seen peoples personalized gamer tags on here and they have very nice rounded rectangles. Mine was this gawd awful square thing at first, then I made it a circle.. because, I could not figure out how people were making such a perfect oval or whatever.... ENTER the rounded rectangle in Gimp. Unreal. BLEW MY MIND! I had been using the eraser on the corners. This will give you a glimpse at my technological intelligence level and is a heads up for the next time I post a weird question!

That is all.

(For those who know the Gimp program, you'll know what I am talking about. For those who don't. it's an awesome program for graphical stuff and is somewhat of a free photoshop)

BTW, you can use the rounded rectangle to make curved corners....

/me ducks for cover...

GIMP is my graphics tool of choice. While not as fully loaded as Photoshop, it does fantastic for free. And there are lots of great filters that put it on par with most of the effects that I have seen used in Photoshop.

Ahhhh... Gaussian blur.. the Savior of many a tiny, low-rez logo. :) Not as good as a 1-pixel offset, emboss transparency layer, though. OK... I just totally made that up (although did something like that once - can't remember the idea behind it). Sooo much to learn in this hobby..... one day I'll play a game.

Whoa, what's a glass overlay? I can assume it's an added layer over on the right that makes a glass effect, I'll have to look into that. Gaussian blur? It sounds like a foreign term for bad gas or something.

Oh, this will give people a laugh. I had to you tube how to make shadow/bubble text in gimp. I must admit that the dude in the video that I found basically just made me laugh the whole time and my text looked awful afterwards. Some of the online help videos have some interesting characters.

Hey, whats wrong with plain ole square corners? :P

Seriously though, the corners on your new tag do look stylish.

I'm still learning (understatement) GIMP, and if weren't for Adultery's "Game Tagger" I wouldn't have learned what I know now. Same goes for XML, so it's nice to know that you can be inspired from others here to teach yourself new things.