All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] MAME CHD Files - Not Showing in Game Ex Mame List / CHD List

kwagner101

Looking for a little bit of help in CHD setup. I finally got around to getting a higher end PC with an updated graphics card, so wanted to play some CHD games that I've had the ROMS/CHDs for - but never could play in the past.

Currently, I have the file path to be - EXAMPLE: MAME>ROMS>blitz99.zip and MAME>ROMS>blitz99 (file folder - where CHD resides).

I can run MAME independently of GAME EX and get the games to play, but can't seem to make them appear in GAME EX at all. I can't find them via the SEARCH and they don't show in the CHD menu either.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

Kevin

The last file you gave is is the gameexonline.ini file? How about providing us with the gameex.ini and log.txt (Click here for additional information on how to find these files and others that may be required).

In defense of kwagner101, I believe he actually did post his gameex.ini. My settings file looks like his insofar as the [gameexonline] section appears before the [general] section.

@kwanger101: Would you kindly try disabling the Verify ROMs setting on the MAME Settings screen to see if that makes a difference? You'll want to rebuild your MAME listafter having done so. It would also be helpful to post a copy of your log after running GameEx with adjusted settings. You can find the contents of your log file by going to Start Menu > Program Files > GameEx > Utilities> Log File or by navigating to ...\GameEx\LOG\log.txt.